Matthijs de Ligt

Will be interesting to see how he does under Sarri. Good bit of training for when we sign him in 4 years time.

Sarri at Juve is just weird in general. They've signed Ronaldo as a desperate grab at short term success and Sarri has traditionally been a coach who takes a while to get going. De Ligt suits that down to the ground but Ronaldo doesn't. If it doesn't come together quickly I can see it being a disaster.

Will be interesting to see how he does under Sarri. Good bit of training for when we sign him in 4 years time.

Sarri at Juve is just weird in general. They've signed Ronaldo as a desperate grab at short term success and Sarri has traditionally been a coach who takes a while to get going. De Ligt suits that down to the ground but Ronaldo doesn't. If it doesn't come together quickly I can see it being a disaster.

Yeah it was a weird choice, we fans didn't exactly take it well lol. I hope he'll make the decisive step up in his career with us though, and prove us wrong.
Re de Ligt, I just had a look for the first time at Red Cafe and they took it as well as expected.

Yeah it was a weird choice, we fans didn't exactly take it well lol. I hope he'll make the decisive step up in his career with us though, and prove us wrong.
Re de Ligt, I just had a look for the first time at Red Cafe and they took it as well as expected.
You mean rag cafe everydays a learning day fella ..

You mean rag cafe everydays a learning day fella ..

Haha right, being an outsider I don't follow the usual nicknames.
Where does the term "rags" for United come from anyway? Is it just a casual thing or does it have a specific origin like "gobbi" for us in Italy?

Where does the term "rags" for United come from anyway? Is it just a casual thing or does it have a specific origin like "gobbi" for us in Italy?
They had to play in our old kits at one stage when they didn't have a pot to piss in.

As I’ve always understood it... In some period the club struggled to buy kits for players so being a cotton mill Mecca in the day the mills donated the off cuts or ‘rags’ to the club to turn in to shirts. Hence the name ‘the rags’ now I could have that arse over tit but it’s the story I remember being told or close too. I’m sure someone more knowledgable will confirm or correct if needed.

As I’ve always understood it... In some period the club struggled to buy kits for players so being a cotton mill Mecca in the day the mills donated the off cuts or ‘rags’ to the club to turn in to shirts. Hence the name ‘the rags’ now I could have that arse over tit but it’s the story I remember being told or close too. I’m sure someone more knowledgable will confirm or correct if needed.
So it’s not an acronym for Red Arrogant Gits then ? Thanks for straightening that out !!!

The hierarchy is obsessed about the CL. Signing Ronaldo was specifically for that purpose. That's why Sarri is abit wierd appointment for me, he don't have the best record in the CL. Signing DE ligt is a no brainer though, given his performances for Ajax in the latter stages of the CL, he will definitely contribute now. Plus, he fits Sarriball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.