Rice pudding with skin and nutmeg
Sago
Blancmange
Tapioca
Semolina
Egg custard
Liver sandwiches
Devilled kidneys

Farex (a bit like ready-brek). Loved the stuff.

We also used to have fried egg and chips for tea. Just egg and chips! I haven't had or seen that meal in ages, In fact I think I'll see if the Missus can rustle it up for tea tonight :-)

I remember having

Banana Butties
Finny Haddock ( the yellow one )
Mum would melt cheese in a pan with milk
Home made rice pudding with the skin on top
Remember the cans of ham with a key to open it
Banana Milk and Sugar ....
Weekend toffees ....different ones in a box I would go for the orange and lemon slices
Toast Toppers

Still eat most of the above regularly (except Toast Toppers unfortunately not available)
Most of the food is from when i was a kid etc.

Wife does Finny Haddock
We both have Cheese n Milk most weekends (now with added bacon and crusty bread!)
Still have canned ham/corned beef (with key) for my work butties.
Fray Bentos pies every other week.
Tinned Burgers in Gravy.
Mince n Beans. Used to have it with boiled potatoes, but now prefer pitta bread.
Tinned boiled potatoes.
Faggots n gravy
Fried scottish black pudding. (NOT the Bury type)

Farex (a bit like ready-brek). Loved the stuff.

We also used to have fried egg and chips for tea. Just egg and chips! I haven't had or seen that meal in ages, In fact I think I'll see if the Missus can rustle it up for tea tonight :-)
Egg and chips was the best

Pobs on a cold winters morning before going to school.
WHAT IS IT I HEAR YOU SHOUT.
Bread broken into small pieces covered with sugar and finally some hot steaming milk poured onto the bread and sugar.
Superb.
Couldn`t stomach it nowadays.
Another favourite was when Mum used to buy mince meat from the butchers and whilst cooking it in a hot pan she would gently spoon off the fat which would rise to the top of the pan and served as Beef Tea.
Seriously loved both of the above at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.