Wimbledon 2019

That was easy for Helap.

She was elegant and danced around the court. Played with real finesse. Williams relys too much on sheer strength. She hit too many balls too long. Helap made the most of her opportunities, and took her chances.

Federer and Djokovic should be a good watch tomorrow

It's not been too shabby a career though, has it? 23 slam titles. I'm sure Konta would kill for one.

Not at all bad, no!

Barker, like most of the British media, went totally overboard - "the best female tennis player ever" immediately after the match has now turned into "has been reported as the best female tennis player ever"

Steffi Graf would probably like a word, but she's too nice.

Williams - 23 wins, 9 runners up in 72
Graf - 22 wins, 9 runners up in 54

Redgrave for me. Gold medals at five consecutive Olympics is an awesome achievement.

Though Federer is none too shabby!
Had Redgrave’s medals all been in individual sports that were “played” by millions of other people across the globe, I might agree. However, Federer has to be the best individual athlete the world has ever seen, hasn’t he! And, throw in the absolute class with which he conducts his life, both personally and privately, while in the glare of global publicity, and he has my ultimate admiration.

Williams problem is she is no longer fit enough to compete with the top top players and tries to get fit as the tournament progresses. If players actually played the player in front of them rather than the reputation they would beat her. A bit like the Utd of the tennis world, past it but still trying to compete at the top table without putting the required effort in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.