Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adidas only sits in the supervisory board, not on the executive board - if they do have one of 9 seats there as it is occupied right now by Herbert Hainer their former CEO (until 2016). And they own 7% of the shares, not 51%. Some here would need business lessons before they want to talk about things like this.

--------------------------------

I do not think that all of this is about wage or transfer sum. Even if at the end too high demands on both ends could end the story. Players just do not have price tags when they are for sure starters in a team or special icons.

The question first is one that Pep, Leroy and Manchester City have to answer between them.

In the last 19 EPL matches Leroy has played 798 of 1710 minutes that he was available.
The only match against a top club he started in this period was against Liverpool January 3rd. Since February he only had 5 starts. Did not play in 5 matches. And he only played 90 minutes against Cardiff.

During this time Sterling played in 18 of 19 (did not play Cardiff City) - started in all but 2 in which he got subbed with more than 30 minutes left - usually played 90 minutes and had 1458 of max. 1710 match time.

During this time Bernardo Silva played 18 of 19 (did not play Cardiff City) - started in all but 4 matches in which he got subbed in and had 18 to 33 minutes left o play - 1354 minutes of max. 1710 match time.

In the CL final round he only started in the second match against Schalke when the first match already was one. He got 12 minutes in the first match against his old team and 7 minutes against Tottenham.

In the FA Cup he started in the matches against the lower leagues, had only 17 minutes against teams of the EPL coming in in the final when City already led by 4:0

------------------------------------

Why does he treat him like that? Even if you rank him just number 3 of the wingers - you still could have rotated them much more and it would have kept them all satisfied.
What are the problems? And can they be repaired - is there any hope that Sane will be prefered ahead of the other 2 or atleast can get a fair share in a rotation or would it stay like this in the coming season, too - if no big injuries occure.

It is nothing that Pep will give a good answer to if the press would ask him. He would love to have a thousand Dantes and Götze is the best talent and works real hard. Similar story about Shaqiri.

From all I know City is destination no. 1 for Sane when he gets a fair share of playing time (more than he got in the recent months) especially as his girlfriend prefers to live in England.

If not - Sane for sure is not the type that would keep himself highly motivated - what would not make the situation any better. Pep probably knows that, too.

----------------------

Just - not that you get a wrong clue. Even if I am a Bayern fan I am not so keen on seeing Sane in Munich. For me Coman - if injuryfree - is the perfect fit to Alaba with his way to play and bringing in Sane for a big fee and wage would bring a kind of turmoil that will not be good as he will have to play. Else the first question in every press conference will be about him.

How very interesting. You certainly know a lot about OUR club. But I can understand how attractive we must be to anyone who has to watch football in leagues that can never match the Premier League.

Adidas only sits in the supervisory board, not on the executive board - if they do have one of 9 seats there as it is occupied right now by Herbert Hainer their former CEO (until 2016). And they own 7% of the shares, not 51%. Some here would need business lessons before they want to talk about things like this.

--------------------------------

I do not think that all of this is about wage or transfer sum. Even if at the end too high demands on both ends could end the story. Players just do not have price tags when they are for sure starters in a team or special icons.

The question first is one that Pep, Leroy and Manchester City have to answer between them.

In the last 19 EPL matches Leroy has played 798 of 1710 minutes that he was available.
The only match against a top club he started in this period was against Liverpool January 3rd. Since February he only had 5 starts. Did not play in 5 matches. And he only played 90 minutes against Cardiff.

During this time Sterling played in 18 of 19 (did not play Cardiff City) - started in all but 2 in which he got subbed with more than 30 minutes left - usually played 90 minutes and had 1458 of max. 1710 match time.

During this time Bernardo Silva played 18 of 19 (did not play Cardiff City) - started in all but 4 matches in which he got subbed in and had 18 to 33 minutes left o play - 1354 minutes of max. 1710 match time.

In the CL final round he only started in the second match against Schalke when the first match already was one. He got 12 minutes in the first match against his old team and 7 minutes against Tottenham.

In the FA Cup he started in the matches against the lower leagues, had only 17 minutes against teams of the EPL coming in in the final when City already led by 4:0

------------------------------------

Why does he treat him like that? Even if you rank him just number 3 of the wingers - you still could have rotated them much more and it would have kept them all satisfied.
What are the problems? And can they be repaired - is there any hope that Sane will be prefered ahead of the other 2 or atleast can get a fair share in a rotation or would it stay like this in the coming season, too - if no big injuries occure.

It is nothing that Pep will give a good answer to if the press would ask him. He would love to have a thousand Dantes and Götze is the best talent and works real hard. Similar story about Shaqiri.

From all I know City is destination no. 1 for Sane when he gets a fair share of playing time (more than he got in the recent months) especially as his girlfriend prefers to live in England.

If not - Sane for sure is not the type that would keep himself highly motivated - what would not make the situation any better. Pep probably knows that, too.

----------------------

Just - not that you get a wrong clue. Even if I am a Bayern fan I am not so keen on seeing Sane in Munich. For me Coman - if injuryfree - is the perfect fit to Alaba with his way to play and bringing in Sane for a big fee and wage would bring a kind of turmoil that will not be good as he will have to play. Else the first question in every press conference will be about him.
Sane will develop into a better player if he stays in the Premier League at Manchester City. I can understand why Bayern would want the player but there are ways of doing transfers, and constantly talking about the player in the media is disrespectful.

That’s your opinion of my opinion. Well done.
Didn’t realise we aren’t allowed to post our own opinions on here. I wasn’t swearing or spouting defamation. If you don’t like what I wrote, don’t read it.
Simple!
Give some evidence to back up your statements then. Opinions by themselves are worthless.

That’s your opinion of my opinion. Well done.
Didn’t realise we aren’t allowed to post our own opinions on here. I wasn’t swearing or spouting defamation. If you don’t like what I wrote, don’t read it.
Simple!

Everyone can have an opinion mate - but opinions have to be based on facts - otherwise they are just made up stories.

Bayern have an arrogance that is not only annoying, it is completely hypocritical. They are by far the wealthiest club in Germany, which gives them the pick of German talent (which is considerable), and allows them to cherrypick the best players from other clubs. They have the largest sponsorship deals and are ever-presents in the Champions League, usually winning the Bundesliga with 5 or more games to go....which begs the questions “How special can the Bundesliga be?”

They talk of City ruining football, when they are one of the instigators of FFP to try to stop an “upstart” like City from ever being big enough to challenge them and their gravy train. Is that sport or is that simply cold, hard business?

As for transfer fees, contrary to reports from Bayern, it is NOT City that have inflated the market, as evidenced by where we sit in the annals of record transfer fees paid by clubs. In fact, as City tried to grow they had to pay top dollar to attract talent, but never broke transfer records to do it. And, two seasons ago, he whole football world bent City over because they knew Pep had targeted a new defence to replace the old heads, especially the four full backs who were all well over 30. We spent “big” money to get players to fill vital positions, but compared to what was being paid for other players (Lukaku and Pogba across the road for starters) and what is being paid today (€100M+ for 19 yr old striker), we are nowhere near creating inflation. Now, let’s talk about Liverpool, Man Utd, Barca, Athleti, PSG, Real Madrid and you WILL find record transfer fees and plenty of them!

IF City sell Leroy Sané this season, then Bayern will have to stump up BIG MONEY that will be a record transfer fee for them and City. Conversely, of course, they can simply keep doing what they have been doing, and tap him up and tell him he can have the moon and the stars if he walks to Munich for free next year. After all, THAT os what we are REALLY watching happen, isn’t it? Bayern just want him to string City along, not agree a new deal, and get him fresh as a daisy NEXT season, after having not played hardly games this season because he is holding out for the big pay day from Munich!!!

I can only hope he signs a new 6 year deal and tells Bayern to “F right off!” but sadly I don’t think it will happen, because the pressure being brought by the VERY TOP of German football, including his Germany coach and teammates, is disgusting!

An over reaction on my part I’ll have to agree, but imo I feel he thinks he’s bigger and better than he’s delivering. His inability to follow Peps instructions MAY be why he’s not having as much game time as he wants.
There’s no doubt he’s the most exciting young talent around, but what appears to me as laziness is obviously interpreted as something else by others.
I really want him to follow the example being shown by Bernardo, that would be a real problem for Pep then.

I think the problem some of us have with your “opinions” is that they are based on hearsay and Chinese whispers which for some reason incorrectly portray Sane in a bad light. You have bought into these rumours and are thus perpetuating these myths. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Sane has been lazy, unwilling or arrogant. Remember - the media in general never has a good word to say about City & reporters hope that rumours are spread to unsettle the players & the Club, by people like you who believe every bad thing that is written about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.