Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

I was going to start a new thread, but since it's going to be a discussion anyway...

Not long ago, I was thinking about films that could do with a remake and "Candyman" was one of those films in mind, only I've since found it IS being remade with Jordan Peele at the helm.

What films do you think would genuinely need a new re-telling?

I was going to start a new thread, but since it's going to be a discussion anyway...

Not long ago, I was thinking about films that could do with a remake and "Candyman" was one of those films in mind, only I've since found it IS being remade with Jordan Peele at the helm.

Well, well!!

Race-bending or settings accurate...??

Halle BAILEY is the new "Little Mermaid" live action 'Ariel' and Melissa McCarthy mooted as 'Ursula' .
halle_bailey_little_mermaid_split.jpg

Hans Christian Andersen's story wasn't set in the Caribbean, but the hit animation was.

I think this is going to be super complicated for many people even as a story and I, for one, will be glad when race is not important any more.

Last edited:
Well, well!!

Halle BAILEY is the new "Little Mermaid" live action 'Ariel' and Melissa McCarthy mooted as 'Ursula' .

Hans Christian Andersen's story wasn't set in the Caribbean, but the hit animation was.

I think this is going to be super complicated for many people even as a story and I, for one, will be glad when race is not important any more.

Not that I care about skin colour, but aren't Ariel's mum and dad based on Greek gods and and goddesses and that? So a black Ariel doesn't make sense from that perspective, but to really care about such a non issue is well sad

Not that I care about skin colour, but aren't Ariel's mum and dad based on Greek gods and and goddesses and that? So a black Ariel doesn't make sense from that perspective, but to really care about such a non issue is well sad

It is sad, but much like the 'storm' that was created when it was revealed that 'Finn' from "Star Wars" was a Black stormtrooper, this will get pretty nasty, pretty quickly.

Well, well!!

Never like seeing the old Disney films getting remade, they always fuck with the songs and you can't fuck with those songs.

None. I'm really against the trend for remaking / retelling of films - they are very rarely better than the original - money would be better spent on fresh new ideas instead imo.

I feel the same about the recent trend of all these series based on films too.

So watched the new Spiderman twice and enjoyed it more second time round, then yesterday i watched Spiderman homecoming again.

At what point and when did Peters affection turn from Liz to MJ?? A thought that just randomly popped into my head earlier and it's driving me crazy.

So, some time ago there was a discussion on the next phase of the 'Bond' franchise and what it should be.

Should the character be Black, White, a man or a woman?

Many argued for tradition and some argued that '007' was just a code number that anyone can have.

It seems the latter has been acted upon now, thanks to Waller-Bridge and Craig.

'007', apparently, will both be Black AND a woman; actress Lashana Lynch who played 'Monica Rambeau' in "Captain Marvel".

Cue online racists, hair ripping, dogs kicked and plenty of plates smashed in protest...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.