Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Haha I'm not sure who it was but one of the pundits was saying because the kiwis were brave enough to bat first they deserved the win. Pretty sure chasing has been much tougher in this tournament.

He didn't say they deserved the win (if it's the comment I heard); rather that they were the better team today. I'd tend to agree with that. The better team frequently loses or draws.

as ive said before not really into cricket,well defo not test matches,i don't mind 50 and 20 over games,but I wont go out of my way to watch them,today I watched all of it,except for a little snooze when England started batting :),but that was an amazing spectacle ,the two big things that went England's way was that six where the NZ guy stepped over the boundary and the ball hitting the bat to go for a 6 , utterly brilliant, hats off to NZ as well bunch of scrappers, great day of sport.
Love the game, especially the Test Matches.

I used to watch the Test with my Gran during the summers I spent staying at her house, back in the day it was on terrestrial TV. For me, the Headingly test in 81 (Botham not out to win the game) was just amazing.

Very lax qualiying though

That is true.

I think cricket is going to become more popular in the years to come, mainly due to the evolution of the modern batsmen. It’s not good for test cricket mind, but limited over cricket is becoming more popular. Pretty sure I read it’s the most viewed sport in the world, although that is probably due to a good percentage of Indians tuning in.

Cricket's over, Tennis' is over, Football doesn't start for a month

Wtf am I going to watch or do?

That was amazing. Must be similar to England football winning the WC on pens. I’m no cricket fan but that was historic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.