Food From Your Youth

Anyone remember something called Haslet? It was a sliced cold meat, but what kind of meat i couldn't tell you as it didn't look like ham or beef or anything. I think it may have been sweepings of all different meats processed and pressed together. Another leftover from the war and rationing probably. It was fucking horrid.

Anyone remember something called Haslet? It was a sliced cold meat, but what kind of meat i couldn't tell you as it didn't look like ham or beef or anything. I think it may have been sweepings of all different meats processed and pressed together. Another leftover from the war and rationing probably. It was fucking horrid.

Sort of a pork meatloaf I think. Used to love it with Piccalilli. Haven't seen it for years though.

Christmas Day meal always the best.
Never changed.
Home made soup.
Roast Chicken with roast and mash potatoes.
Sprouts and gravy.
Ice cream and a trifle.
Never saw a chicken,roast potatoe,sprout or a trifle until the next Christmas.
A stocking at Christmas with an Apple,pear,tangarine and an orange in it.
Thick custard and semolina.
Strawberry Cresta.It's frothy man.
Cremola foam.
Cans of cola with no ring pull.
Your dad had an opener for his beer that left a triangle shape opening to pour into a glass.
Gammon salad with chips in the Summer
All the family having the same meal.
Mint Cracknel...Toffos and spangles
Tudor crisps.Pickled onion flavour the dugs.

Pobs on a cold winters morning before going to school.
WHAT IS IT I HEAR YOU SHOUT.
Bread broken into small pieces covered with sugar and finally some hot steaming milk poured onto the bread and sugar.
Superb.
For us pobs was bread bits in a hot oxo drink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.