Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

quick question how can a team losing less wickets can draw a game when both are counted
ive seen liverpool analogy

Wickets left aren't counted but used to be. I think they wanted to bring in a bigger chance of super overs for the excitement so had to scrap the wickets rule. Seems to have worked.

It was scraped because it is easier to win batting first and in a chase, on average, you lose more wickets. Also see Duckworth Lewis calcs which mean you have to score more in a shorter number of overs but you can lose more wickets. It's statistically more accurate.

Last edited:
Wow! What a game.

Happy for England but devastated for the Kiwi's. Awful way to lose (I think changing the super over to 2/3 overs to get a clear winner would be better way of settling it).

It is a lot like settling a league when the teams have scored the same amount of goals and taking penalties or goals scored outside the box into account.

Great advert for the sport.....Christ I love cricket and now have the Ashes to look forward too.

You could argue the catcher on the boundary should have had a better idea of the risk of going over the boundary and just not catching it and keeping the runs to 2/3 or the thrower for the overthrow taking the safe option as that was only ever going to be 2 runs. Adrenaline pumping it’s a different thought process.

There are always moments in every match with a what if!

Yeah but those are different what ifs. Ducking under the last ball of a final innings? Really? Never seen it in any innings. Unless he was trying to induce a wide.

Tremendous game of cricket.
Glad we won. A bit tough on NZ but there you go. We've been runners up 3 times and now NZ have been runners up twice.

We bowled 5 more wides and 1 extra no ball than them so really just 6 runs. There were no runs scored off the no ball free hit. Leg byes shouldn't really count in extras.
I thought the umpires favoured NZ with some of the wides given for height and that one on the line in the super over was a bit unfair in my opinion.
I thought the wide in the super over was marginal. Alot of the extras were because de grandhomme used his body more than his bat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.