Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reyadh, you little dancer!

I noticed that a Nigerian lays down behind the wall to block a potential low shot as the wall jumps. I don't think I've ever seen that before, is it common?
mahrez is known to shoot low in freekicks, he has done it many times and scored one with leister, I think they did their homework before the game.
he actually said he was going to aim low before he changes his mind in the last second after he saw that guy laying down.

Spot on.
We need to get his left foot in shooting positions more centrally at the edge of the box.
He shoots well with his right foot too, I think we will see him more effective in the david role if he plays centrally as Sterling and Sane are better with their pace out wide.

Reyadh, you little dancer!

I noticed that a Nigerian lays down behind the wall to block a potential low shot as the wall jumps. I don't think I've ever seen that before, is it common?

Brozovic done it first time for Inter sometimes last season and it's been seen more often since then. I've seen in in some of Copa games recently.

He shoots well with his right foot too, I think we will see him more effective in the david role if he plays centrally as Sterling and Sane are better with their pace out wide.
The best wide man at City last season was Bernardo proving that electric pace is not vital. Mahrez is no slouch either.

He made his debut for us on last seasons US tour as a centre mid..played quite well.but I don't see his future there....time will tell.

Nice bit of wing play to set up Algeria’s admittedly lucky opener in the semi-final:

Pity simon stone in his bbc report missed the tricky wing play ...Obviously not as good as utds new Giggs v Perth Glory.

Hopefully after a rest he can push on now & be the cog in the team we all hoped for.

Overall sadly disappointing last season whatever the stats show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.