Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

The best cricket match I've ever watched. I didn't think we had much hope then Buttler and Stokesy steadied the ship and I thought we had slight hope. Of course after that it was like we have won this, lost this etc. The two sixes you couldn't even make that up. I'm so glad Stokes and Buttler came out to bat and Archer bowled, it was such a lovely way to finish it all up. I feel sorry for the Kiwis, they done fantastic to beat India and they almost did it to England too, some great talent there.

I don't get excitement over football and penalties, but I get an adrenaline rush watching cricket come down to the wire. It's an intriguing game when it goes like that!

Bores me.
What I don't get is , the screen said NZ needed 2 from 1.
Why didn't they just get the 1 to draw and force a second super over ?

Feel for my Anzac brothers. Luck on England's side with the Stoke's "6". Also to lose because of boundaries scored...ouch! Shit rule to make you lose a world cup final.

Congrats to England though..deserved their spot in the greatest of cricket finals. Hope you get less luck in The Ashes ;)

This was awesome format ...I know some say it doesn't have more countries involved, but never seen so even competition..Final was worthy of being final ,apart from another blunder by icc for that rule..But over all this format has proved that 50 Overs cricket is here to stay ...next is ashes and t20 wc next year and also icc test championship...a great year if you are cricket fan.

The Cricket World cup has been a breath of fresh air here, there has been no Oz rules football shown in the bars on a Friday evening for ages. Oh well all good things must come to an end I guess.

Can't get a closer more exciting game of cricket than that! Great sportsmanship by the Kiwis throughout and after so gracious in defeat, fair plays. As a side issue when you here the stats for England wins at Lord's it makes you wonder why they dont play more games at places like Edgbaston? ;-) .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.