Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Leicester be shooting themselves in the foot selling Maguire to united?

If reports are true that, they refused City's bid of £70m, but are selling to them lot for £80m, they'll make an extra £10m. However, with Leicester wanting to break into the top 6 this season, they'll be making direct competition stronger.

Wouldn't they be better off selling him to City - where he wants to go - for £10m less?

Sounds too logical but as you rightly point out - " if true ".

If reports are true that, they refused City's bid of £70m, but are selling to them lot for £80m, they'll make an extra £10m. However, with Leicester wanting to break into the top 6 this season, they'll be making direct competition stronger.

Wouldn't they be better off selling him to City - where he wants to go - for £10m less?

Yeah I think they would be absolutely mental to allow United to strengthen in a year where they could pass them by and stay there.

ha ha ha ha ha, let it go

Don't get me wrong, i think it is very remote and as i said it would need to represent value to us.

The thing that i am unsure about is the add on's, if they are based on winning titles and cups then the rags are unlikely to see them triggered, if they are appearance based then they are very likely to be hit.

But lets say that £15 million of the add ons were based on us winning 2 more titles and a champions league while gaining 100 starts then the £80 million total looks a lot more reasonable.

This might sound a bit left field but I reckon pep would get a tune out of smalling
He is English and could probably get him for about £10m. Only 29
Iv always thought he is an half decent player. He has been in a poor side for a while now
Imagine if pep could get him firing
Just an opinion
That's not an opinion, that's float fishing with a bucket full of maggots, Pep would have a better chance of making my dining room table a good player than smallthing... He is poor in all aspects of the game, not even Pep could polish this turd...!

Don't get me wrong, i think it is very remote and as i said it would need to represent value to us.

The thing that i am unsure about is the add on's, if they are based on winning titles and cups then the rags are unlikely to see them triggered, if they are appearance based then they are very likely to be hit.

But lets say that £15 million of the add ons were based on us winning 2 more titles and a champions league while gaining 100 starts then the £80 million total looks a lot more reasonable.
Can't see it.
Leicester would be mugs to accept add ons which would never be paid.
Will be based on appearances.

That would make sense, which leads me to believe that we didn't bid 70m.

I still don't think we have bid at all but I do think Utd have. There is a chance that we are waiting to see what gets accepted and at that point make a quick decision to match it and steal him from Utd or move on to another target. At the moment I don't think Leicester have set a price as they don't want to sell. There are a lot of rumours floating around on this one but very little substance.

If we arent going to get him (and I dont think he is anywhere near good enough for the money being touted around so fully support the club in not pursuing this) we still do need to get a centre half. We have two decent centre halves in Stones and Laporte but I dont trust or rate Ottomendi as high as some on here. We definitely need an addition in this position and none of the young players being mentioned have the aerial dominance that Pep has clearly talked about (Rodri helps with this)

If we arent going to get him (and I dont think he is anywhere near good enough for the money being touted around so fully support the club in not pursuing this) we still do need to get a centre half. We have two decent centre halves in Stones and Laporte but I dont trust or rate Ottomendi as high as some on here. We definitely need an addition in this position and none of the young players being mentioned have the aerial dominance that Pep has clearly talked about (Rodri helps with this)

For the right price, we'll wrap Bonucci up ourselves and drive him to the airport for you :) Just ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.