Nationalisation..

Could be a good thing but you would have to chain the unions down. Them fuckers would be walking out over tea breaks again. Some on here will remember the good old days of power cuts, 3 day weeks, strikes, no refuse collection etc etc. Took a woman to sort it out.

Three day weeks began under Heath.

According to a leaked memo they won't be paying market value. They will negotiate with shareholders taking into account state subsidies, pension fund deficits and asset stripping since privatisation. They'd offer £20bn to the water companies who reckon market value is £44bn.

Yowza!!!!

Yes to essential services like water, gas and electricity. Rail a maybe if it was used to get more people off the roads.

I would even countenance subsidies for rail to help people stay off the roads.

According to a leaked memo they won't be paying market value. They will negotiate with shareholders taking into account state subsidies, pension fund deficits and asset stripping since privatisation. They'd offer £20bn to the water companies who reckon market value is £44bn.

Yowza!!!!

The problem they will soon run into is that the shareholders can and will say no. If they try to force it they will get sued. They will have to pay market rate - up front and in full.

They also have to afford the national debt - if they nationalise it wont just go up in terms of the capital outlay. It will go up as the market would see UK Gove debt as much higher risk and therefore the price increases. In short our national debt costs would soar.

If they use QE to reduce the debt then you drive inflation. Inflation tends to bring down governments.

PS i'm a former Labour voter. I am in favor of nationlising when it suits and when a proper regulated privatised industry fails. I don't agree with it as an ideology. They should try to regulate and clean it up first.

Rail, water, gas, electric and Royal Mail.

Obviously yes from me..... but its not just about political ideology ... i believe that we should control our own

• Steel Manufacture (imagine trying to build tanks in a time of conflict and asking China for the steel )
  • Water
  • Power - Gas / Electric & renewables (that way we could actually achieve our climate change targets)
  • Prison & Probationary service (I know a lot of people don't believe these are privatised but they were)
  • Border Control
  • NHS
  • Post Office (turn it into a 'National' bank as well)
  • Transport (Rail / Buses ... /Metros etc)
  • We should also terminate all PFI as they are 'unfair contracts'
  • Social Care

It just makes sense (after Carillion / Interserve / Capita / Stagecoach / Virgin cockups) that all of your essential services are not owned or controlled by inept or greedy business' or a foreign country (all of which can hold you over a barrel)

The problem they will soon run into is that the shareholders can and will say no. If they try to force it they will get sued. They will have to pay market rate - up front and in full.

They also have to afford the national debt - if they nationalise it wont just go up in terms of the capital outlay. It will go up as the market would see UK Gove debt as much higher risk and therefore the price increases. In short our national debt costs would soar.

If they use QE to reduce the debt then you drive inflation. Inflation tends to bring down governments.

PS i'm a former Labour voter. I am in favor of nationlising when it suits and when a proper regulated privatised industry fails. I don't agree with it as an ideology. They should try to regulate and clean it up first.

Its not just about capital outlay though ... That will be offset by revenue income. Don't forget that the majority of privatised business' are profitable (the greedy fuckers hand them back if they're not)

Would love to agree this but all you need to look at is the tube so it would end up as a backward step. Just regulate the fuckers properly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.