Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Just watching the highlights now. Didn't really notice yesterday (too caught up in the moment, I guess), but Ian Smith on commentary. Wow. Talk about impartial. Not.
I turned the commentary off just as Stokes and Butler started to get going .
The thought of the 5th wicket going down and listening to that twat creaming himself would have made my head explode.

5njd09.jpg

Wish They'd allowed for a 2nd super-over.
Deciding it by boundaries was ridiculous.

That said, England deserved to win for their performances over the last 4 years and during the tournament. Just a bit of a hollow way to achieve the final victory IMO.

End of the day England won but what a helping hand they were given . Three key decisions went for them on the day which is an hell of a lot . Got to admit if it was roles reversed England would be up in arms over it .

Churchlawtonblue said:
Shane Warne, " England didn't really beat New Zealand and New Zealand were the better side" . When will TV companies learn not to put bitter Australians on as pundits.

i think england was the better team just, that bit that won the world cup

am 1 of england biggest critics at times and the ECB are clueless and our game is based around the english summers with swing bowlers and that's it, nothing really is done about the winters tours and the last away ashes was one of the worst, but this win will paper over the cracks and jofra archer will be the new poster boy,

Cheer up mate, we’ve just won the World Cup!

I'm feeling pretty proud of the way my countrymen conducted themselves both on and off the pitch on Sunday.

Very nice to hear such complementary comments about New Zealand from English cricket fans :-)

Our day will come!
(Hopefully at the expense of our Australian cousins!!)
Your mob always come across as decent blokes (unlike your neighbours!). And Kane Williamson conducted himself brilliantly after the game. Asked about the Stokes deflection, he said "Yeah, that was a shame". We'd have had no complaints if you'd won yesterday.

Your mob always come across as decent blokes (unlike your neighbours!). And Kane Williamson conducted himself brilliantly after the game. Asked about the Stokes deflection, he said "Yeah, that was a shame". We'd have had no complaints if you'd won yesterday.
Cheers fella.
What an epic match!
Both teams were winners yesterday. We just don't have anything to polish!!

I'm feeling pretty proud of the way my countrymen conducted themselves both on and off the pitch on Sunday.

Very nice to hear such complementary comments about New Zealand from English cricket fans :-)

Our day will come!
(Hopefully at the expense of our Australian cousins!!)

Your team conducted themselves magnificently given the circumstances. It was a great game, but you were unlucky not to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.