Sinisa Mihajlovic

jimharri

Confirmed today that he's been diagnosed with leukaemia. From what I can remember of him, he was one of those snidey individuals who'd have sly kicks and digs at opponents during the game. And if you told him the pope was a Catholic, he'd argue the toss to the contrary. But that's a shit hand he's been dealt. Apparently, he's been advised to begin "aggressive treatment". Only 50 years old as well.

https://www.football-italia.net/140736/live-mihajlovic-i-have-leukaemia?mobile=off

Amazing free kick taker, but a unfortunately a racist Serbian nationalist.

He's half Croatian (as I am) and grew up in Croatia. He hid underground Croatia and was saved by Serbian militaries and taken out of the war zone as he was already a Red Star player at the time. He lived in streets at the time where if you went outside you were picked off by snipers. People really don't appreciate how fresh it is that many of us grew up in an incredibly violent war where we all had a gun in our hand instead of being in school and we all saw family die.

Our local hospital in Vukovar where 300 people were murdered and dumped in a mass grave.
s_b22_06160564.jpg

He's half Croatian (as I am) and grew up in Croatia. He hid underground Croatia and was saved by Serbian militaries and taken out of the war zone as he was already a Red Star player at the time. He lived in streets at the time where if you went outside you were picked off by snipers. People really don't appreciate how fresh it is that many of us grew up in an incredibly violent war where we all had a gun in our hand instead of being in school and we all saw family die.

Our local hospital in Vukovar where 300 people were murdered and dumped in a mass grave.
s_b22_06160564.jpg

I'm aware of what a disgusting mess it all was and I have the utmost sympathy for anyone who grew up amidst the terror and slaughter.

But the problem with Mihailovic is that he became a highly paid professional footballer with the advantages of living and playing in a peaceful, somewhat ethnically diverse democracy and yet he still chose to come out with a series of racist, extreme nationalist utterances and behaviours, which marks him out as a bit of a dumbfuck imo.

That said, I don't wish his current predicament on him at all.

He was one of my favorite players when I used to watch Football Italia and particularly Lazio(City colours and all that). Any defender who wears #11 has to have something about him

I'm not sure how he's got so many jobs in Seria A as he doesn't seem to have done a very good job anywhere

Anyway, I hope he makes a full recovery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.