Graduation

Just going off what I see on telly. when I left school it was party after the last exam no fuming about hiring suits and limos.

I think I preferred it that way rather than some American excuse for taking my money

Getting pissed in a limo on the way to the etihad, having a dinner and a dance whilst there boozing and then going home to more boozing and a party, was brilliant.

Getting pissed in a limo on the way to the etihad, having a dinner and a dance whilst there boozing and then going home to more boozing and a party, was brilliant.
Yeah would have been great on my wage of absolutely fuck all in year 11 at school.

Not everybody has that sort of money. But also I’m not into fancy, a crazy hanging off the walls party anywhere was what everyone I knew wanted

Yeah would have been great on my wage of absolutely fuck all in year 11 at school.

Not everybody has that sort of money

I was 15, my mum paid for it.

Didn’t cost that much, maybe £150 all in for one party to finish school.

They wanted us to have a graduation when we finished our HNC, I was 31 at the time and thought bollocks to that and never went.

When I finished uni at 35, I had my graduation at Bridgewater Hall. I thought that was a load of shite as well but my sister said my mum got emotional and was welling up. Was worth it just for that. I missed most of it to be fair. It was the whole engineering department. Thankfully I was one of the first up. Shook hands, got a blank piece of paper as they don't trust you with your certificate, then went and sat at that bar in the Bridgewater for a few hours and got absolutely bladdered while everyone else went up to shake hands and get their piece of paper.

Fuck, don't get me started on the subject of proms.

Just another money making/extorting exercise. My son recently had his year 11 prom. Cost us about £200 all in - suit, shirt, shoes, prom ticket etc etc

Mind you i read an article recently about families who think nothing of spending a grand on their kid's prom.

Fuck off USA!
Haha, have to laugh as it's always made me cringe for kids having to Graduate jumior schools, I've always told people that they don't do that kind of shit anywhere else. It would appear I'm wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.