Who Will Fill Our Home Grown Hole?

If it's a case of 'filling a hole' for the sake of it, surely it would be better to give one of our own home grown players a chance, rather than splashing out on someone we've no interest in?

I don't believe we have a homegrown player over the age of 21, for those under they don't have to be registered as one of the 25 player squad for the EPL.

Wait how can Angeliño be club trained if he's not homegrown? Homegrown is three years in the nation, club trained is three years at the club. Surely he must be both?

He's club trained so still leaves us a vacancy.
It would be a great day if all 8 locally trained spots were filled by club trained players tho'.

I was under the impression that you can use "club trained" players as part of the 4 "nation trained" players, as they would qualify for that because the criteria is actually less strict.

In other words we can go with:

Stones, Walker, Raz

Angelino, Foden (actually we don't HAVE to register him) + 3 other academy players

and meet the requirements.

I was under the impression that you can use "club trained" players as part of the 4 "nation trained" players, as they would qualify for that because the criteria is actually less strict.

Stones, Walker, Raz

Angelino, Foden (actually we don't HAVE to register him) + 3 other academy players

That's what I thought too, I'm sure it's 8 homegrown players, four of which must be club trained? Not eight homegrown and four club trained.

Stones, Walker, Raz

Angelino, Foden + 3 other academy players

All 8 can be club trained if we want, for that matter all 25 can be, but we are a long while off having 8 players over 21 club trained and available to replace Sterling Stones or Walker.

That's what I thought too, I'm sure it's 8 homegrown players, four of which must be club trained? Not eight homegrown and four club trained.

Yeah, it would be like saying you're not allowed to field a team of only Academy players, hypothetically, which would seem like the opposite of what the rules are trying to force clubs to do more of.

Stones, Walker, Raz

The real issue is that with Vinny and Delph leaving we can only plug those squad gaps with home grown.
As Vinny's place already take in the squad by Rodri (overseas). You could say that Angelino has filled the Delph role so only a CB down so maybe no need to get anyone.
We are still being linked with every man and his dog but we need to sell before we can buy anyone from overseas.

We don’t need a squad of 25 senior players, and I’m pretty sure Pep prefers workIng with a smaller squad anyway. If we did have 25 players we’d have to leave out at least 7 players from each matchday squad (assuming no injuries or suspensions of course).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.