14. Bravo
  15. Ederson
  16. Rodri
  17. Gundo
HG (nation)
  1. Stones
  2. Raz
  3. Walker
HG (club, which counts for nation for PL or CL)
  1. Angelino
  2. Foden (u21)
  3. Garcia (u21)
  4. Muric (u21) [loan probably?]
  5. A bazillion other academy players (u21)
So it's really 21 who "HAVE" to be registered, as things stand now.

If we sign no nation trained HG players (i.e Ake, Maguire) we will still HAVE to register some of the academy players (it doesn't HAVE to be Foden) to meet the different HG requirements for PL and CL. [UPDATE: This is incorrect per my forgetting max size penalties for having less HG players means we can register 21 players with 4 HG and be fine for the PL & CL.)

If things stay as they are, we can still swap Nico and Danilo with foreign players.

This is why Angelino's addition has made losing Delph less problematic.

Last edited:
Incorrect, Pep has frequently said he prefers a squad of 23 players - we are currently 2 short.

I count 23 but I'm including Garcia as the 5th choice CB behind Fernandinho.

Ederson
Bravo
Danilo
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Garcia
Otamendi
Mendy
Angelino
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Rodri
D Silva
De Bruyne
Gundogan
Foden
Mahrez
Sterling
Sané
B Silva
Aguero
Jesus

Foreign:
  1. Nico
  2. Danilo
  3. Mendy
  4. Zinch
  5. Dinho
  6. Sane
  7. Jesus
  8. Mahrez
  9. Kun
  10. Silva
  11. Bernardo
  12. KDB
  13. Laporte
  14. Bravo
  15. Ederson
  16. Rodri
  17. Gundo
HG (nation)
  1. Stones
  2. Raz
  3. Walker
HG (club, which includes nation for PL or CL)
  1. Angelino
  2. Foden (u21)
  3. Garcia (u21)
So it's really 21 who HAVE to be registered, as things stand now.

If we sign no nation trained HG players (i.e Ake, Maguire) we will still HAVE to register some of the academy players (it doesn't HAVE to be Foden) to meet the different HG requirements for PL and CL.

If things stay as they are, we can still swap Nico and Danilo with foreign players.
Yes, I think George was taLking about the regular match day squad being 21 including Foden not registered players. With Angelino and Foden the senior squad as it stands is 22.

I count 23 but I'm including Garcia as the 5th choice CB behind Fernandinho.

Ederson
Bravo
Danilo
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Garcia
Otamendi
Mendy
Angelino
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Rodri
D Silva
De Bruyne
Gundogan
Foden
Mahrez
Sterling
Sané
B Silva
Aguero
Jesus

I guess that depends on who you count as a "senior player" or "part of the squad."

Surely Garcia will get most of his games for the EDS. I suspect Dinho might be ahead of him as 4th choice other than in lower league cup games.

Some might say it's 22 (Foden included).

The rest are EDS players who will train with the first team I think, and Garcia is the most fringe. Angelino may even play in EDS to keep himself fit if he doesn't get games.

Foreign:
  1. Nico
  2. Danilo
  3. Mendy
  4. Zinch
  5. Dinho
  6. Sane
  7. Jesus
  8. Mahrez
  9. Kun
  10. Silva
  11. Bernardo
  12. KDB
  13. Laporte
  14. Bravo
  15. Ederson
  16. Rodri
  17. Gundo
HG (nation)
  1. Stones
  2. Raz
  3. Walker
HG (club, which counts for nation for PL or CL)
  1. Angelino
  2. Foden (u21)
  3. Garcia (u21)
So it's really 21 who HAVE to be registered, as things stand now.

If we sign no nation trained HG players (i.e Ake, Maguire) we will still HAVE to register some of the academy players (it doesn't HAVE to be Foden) to meet the different HG requirements for PL and CL.

This is why Angelino's addition has made losing Delph less problematic.
Not sure if FM fucked this up completely, but you do know that we don't have to actually register 25 players, right?

There are no further requirements to meet as far as HG players or under 21 year old kids are concerned. Technically, we could go into the season registering a squad of 15 foreigners on the A list and call it a day.

Not sure if FM fucked this up completely, but you do know that we don't have to actually register 25 players, right?

There are no further requirements to meet as far as HG players or under 21 year old kids are concerned. Technically, we could go into the season registering a squad of 15 foreigners on the A list and call it a day.

lol, yes it knows that, and if you press "auto select" when registering for the PL or CL it works it out for you (won't register unnecessary u21s) but if you wish you can register them just like the rules allow.

No we don't.

Reactions: kun
We are allowed a certain number of non home grown players. That doesn't translate to we must have a certain number of home grown players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.