Phillipe Sandler - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be coaching him how to play in Pep's team, he'll be teaching him how to actually be a cb, in his team, a job which he has been doing for years & Pep has never done.
Ok. I don’t see that what you have written actually relates to my post so let’s just leave it there.

Ok. I don’t see that what you have written actually relates to my post so let’s just leave it there.

You were replying to me.

I was clarifying what my original post was about. Vinny is an expert cb, one of the best of all time imo, & can show this guy how it's done. Then it's upto Sandler to actually take that on board & do it & then Pep to tell him how he wants him to fit into his way of playing afterwards, if he is good enough.

If Vinny tells Pep he is good enough, Pep will try him out.

You were replying to me.

I was clarifying what my original post was about. Vinny is an expert cb, one of the best of all time imo, & can show this guy how it's done. Then it's upto Sandler to actually take that on board & do it & then Pep to tell him how he wants him to fit into his way of playing afterwards, if he is good enough.

If Vinny tells Pep he is good enough, Pep will try him out.
Without getting into a circular argument, your posts seem to claim that Vinnie is a better defensive coach than Pep. There is absolutely no evidence to support that view.

Without getting into a circular argument, your posts seem to claim that Vinnie is a better defensive coach than Pep. There is absolutely no evidence to support that view.

No.

Vinny is a far far far more experienced defender & knows more about the individual requirements, to actually be able to play the way Pep would want.

Centre backs don't usually grow up being coached by Pep Guardiola. They learn how to do their jobs, then Pep.adapts them to his way of playing.

Most of the best cbs in history didn't play for Pep & did fine without him.

He wouldn't tell them how to do the basics of their job unless they had a technical defect.

Pep has people around him who he asks about stuff. Loads of them. Vinny was one because he has actually been there & done it, wheras Pep hasn't. Put Pep vs Harry Kane on the end of a long ball for example, he wouldn't have a clue about how to hold off the cf or when to abandon the idea & drop off, he just tells the cb which job he wants them to do. Then they try to do it.

Vinny can tell them how to become good enough to do it. If Vinny was a coach at City, Pep would hand the defenders to him to sort out the technique & he would tell them how he wants them to play, afterwards.

I think we are saying the same thing in different ways.

'Whilst Vinnie will undoubtedly be able to teach Phillipe a great deal about the attributes to be a great central defender it is very unlikely that he will have Peps knowledge and experience of coaching defensive tactics within a given team structure. He may in time, but not yet.'

'Centre backs don't usually grow up being coached by Pep Guardiola. They learn how to do their jobs, then Pep.adapts them to his way of playing.
Vinny can tell them how to become good enough to do it. If Vinny was a coach at City, Pep would hand the defenders to him to sort out the technique & he would tell them how he wants them to play, afterwards.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.