Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could of earned an extra 5m if he signed a new contact 18 months ago! It should worry city he didnt all indication to that is he is willing to wait out his contract another 18 months and go for nowt.
Yep, i thought the same

The conundrum is always if we value him at a price in excess of 100 million why are we only paying him 60k a week?
We can't have it both ways. If he's worth it let's pay him according to his value.
I'm sure the club will sort this if Leroy is happy enough football wise.

We’re presumably offering him much more than £60k. At a complete guess I’d say our new contract offer is circa £150k a week.

We’re presumably offering him much more than £60k. At a complete guess I’d say our new contract offer is circa £150k a week.

Think the offer 18 months ago was double his wages I presume we have improved that offer to that fee and he is still not signing!

On that basis I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign a new deal if I was him. In addition to having only started 5 games since Christmas (?), a £100k a week pay rise equals roughly £5m a year. Given that his transfer value has more than doubled since we signed him, he could probably cop for a £20m signing on fee somewhere else, if he runs his existing contract down, which would more than offset his loss of wages now. Two years in the stiffs might focus his mind a bit on that score, but we all know that won't happen. Frustrating stuff, cos he brings us something a bit different

On that basis I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign a new deal if I was him. In addition to having only started 5 games since Christmas (?), a £100k a week pay rise equals roughly £5m a year. Given that his transfer value has more than doubled since we signed him, he could probably cop for a £20m signing on fee somewhere else, if he runs his existing contract down, which would more than offset his loss of wages now. Two years in the stiffs might focus his mind a bit on that score, but we all know that won't happen. Frustrating stuff, cos he brings us something a bit different

It will end up being the Sterling scenario, he’ll get his head down this year, let his feet do the talking and the pay parity he’s asking for will be gladly given... he’s in a position of power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.