Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

We will never find out the true cost overall of Mangala, but it has to be in the region of £60mill-£70mill, including the transfer fee and wages.

Let that figure sink in, and just imagine a player/defender City could have bought for that kind of money. VVD comes mind straightaway.

If you want to include wages then Van Dijk cost about £140,000,000.

So make your mind up, was it wages+transfer fee, or just transfer fee?

Truth is, Mangala probably cost half your guess. 40m all in after considering his wages and loan fees paid by Everton & Valencia for half his time here. It's the price of doing business, every now and then you get a dud, not everyone can be as good value as Bernardo, Zinchenko, Jesus etc.

If you want to include wages then Van Dijk cost about £140,000,000.

So make your mind up, was it wages+transfer fee, or just transfer fee?

Truth is, Mangala probably cost half your guess. 40m all in after considering his wages and loan fees paid by Everton & Valencia for half his time here. It's the price of doing business, every now and then you get a dud, not everyone can be as good value as Bernardo, Zinchenko, Jesus etc.

JRB's estimate is not far off.

He's on £70,000 a week and when he was loaned we still had to pay the vast majority of that. His total transfer alone once everyone was paid was £42 million. It was thought to be £32 for a while until the full deal came to light.

City have done excellent work in the transfer market which makes this mistake and his subsequent extension very strange.

Letting him go on a free would make next to no difference to us, given he would have walked on a free this summer if he didn't sign a new contract. He has to be here next season to benefit from the new contract we gave him.

I still imagine that someone will be willing to pay a small fee for him. It's just down to that being a club that Mangala is willing to join.

City have done excellent work in the transfer market which makes this mistake and his subsequent extension very strange.

How about we wait to see what happens before you go calling it a mistake? There's still a very realistic chance we come away with a fee for him.

There's something in the pipeline right now, otherwise he would currently be out on tour to be put in the shop window.

He's on £70,000 a week and when he was loaned we still had to pay the vast majority of that.

Says who?

Also you are wrong about the transfer fee. The £42m figure is based on putting 2+2 together to make 5, thanks to the details of 1 portion of his rights being leaked and people assuming City paid the same rate to each holder of his rights.

Last edited:
How about we wait to see what happens before you go calling it a mistake? There's still a very realistic chance we come away with a fee for him.

There's something in the pipeline right now, otherwise he would currently be out on tour to be put in the shop window.

Mangala has last minute panic bid written all over him.

His original signing is already a huge mistake whatever happens.

His extension we don't know yet but, if he does go for free, as is being reported, then it looks like one. I don't see anyone paying anything for him but we will see..perhaps an undisclosed fee to save face.

Says who?

OK I wasn't there when he was loaned but that's what was widely reported. I could equally say how do you know we didn't pay towards his wages? I think it's likely the reports were correct. Can you imagine Valencia paying him 70K a week?

His original signing is already a huge mistake whatever happens.

His extension we don't know yet but, if he does go for free, as is being reported, then it looks like one. I don't see anyone paying anything for him but we will see..perhaps an undisclosed fee to save face.

As I posted above, if he leaves on a free, he's had an extra months pay from the club than he would have if we were to have released him without the extension. It makes very little difference, and he's probably on massively reduced wages for the additional year. The fact that we might get a small fee (and likely will) is an added bonus.

His signing was a mistake in hindsight. You cannot have a 100% success rate with signings. Duds happen.

OK I wasn't there when he was loaned but that's what was widely reported. I could equally say how do you know we didn't pay towards his wages? I think it's likely the reports were correct. Can you imagine Valencia paying him 70K a week?

Where was it widely reported we had to pay the majority of his wages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.