Boddingtons Bitter

On the back of this I bought some cans of Boddies today - chilled them - sat down to "enjoy" - yep wank. Did someone say somewhere was charging £3 a can? Four cans = £3.40 from Morrisons today - somebody is being ripped off for shite beer - then again why single out Bod's when bottles of Bud Light are out there....................??

Boddies was one of the beers at the forefront of the widget can revolution, early 90s. Melanie Sykes and all that. Seemed the future of the beer and brewery was secure, but which brewing behemoth took them over and basically killed it off ?

It was the Pointsman, it’s a run down car lot these days. The Taproom was in Stalybridge and the best room in Ashton. Sunday dinner 12-2pm opening, they threw jacks out for £1 to get a game of don, there was generally about £50 in the pot so it was serious back in the day, play the wrong card and you were getting a ton of abuse, I never played. The place used to be packed Saturday tea time, lads that played football or those coming back from City and Rag games, pie and peas, a few pints of Boddies bitter and the Football Pink, happy days but City were shite then!
Jack's for a quid! When was that? Played 25p in '79 and pints were 20-25p so win a pot and beer for the night.
Loved playing 9-card don.

I remember going in the Brewery Tap, which was I think called the Royal Oak, in the summer of 1976. The bitter that day was as good a pint as I have ever tasted. It varied enormously even in the good old days. However, the modern version is cat piss. You might as well drink lager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.