UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this normal or are the corrupt bastards buying more time for themselves?

I don’t think that would help them particularly, as I assume that one of the reasons we launched our pre-emptive strike of asking CAS to look at UEFA’s lack of process, would be to force the crooked bastards to submit their evidence in respect of what they had and hadn’t done, there and then, and prevent them from embellishing it in the interim

Surprised there’s been no resolution to this yet. Fed up of waiting for them To bring down the hammer.

Surprised there’s been no resolution to this yet. Fed up of waiting for them To bring down the hammer.
It seems to me that the FFP rules are so nebulous and the evidence if any wrong doing or "misleading" by City is so tenuous that it is difficult to prove that any crimes were committed. Especially crimes worthy of a ban from the champs league.

And considering how the evidence was obtained, sensationalized and the punishments leaked it sounds like a right pile of crap - about something that happened five years ago for which agreement with EUFA was reached and punishment served? In the real world these crimes would have been dismissed long ago.

IMO UEFA's case is weak both in respect of process and evidence and they know it.
Hence I don't expect any hammer to fall.
I agree. I think UEFA are in a fix. It is too legally risky for them to act before they know the outcome of the Pinto case. All the evidence is based on what was hacked and it looks like that investigaton is escalating not dying down. UEFA's lawayers must have told them to hang fire. It would be crazy to do anything else. For example what happens if it emerges that Pinto has a huge amount of dirt on UEFA itself or scores of other clubs are dragged into the court case. UEFA can't take on the entire football world. If they get it wrong the financial bill could destroy UEFA itself.

It seems to me that the FFP rules are so nebulous and the evidence if any wrong doing or "misleading" by City is so tenuous that it is difficult to prove that any crimes were committed. Especially crimes worthy of a ban from the champs league.

And considering how the evidence was obtained, sensationalized and the punishments leaked it sounds like a right pile of crap - about something that happened five years ago for which agreement with EUFA was reached and punishment served? In the real world these crimes would have been dismissed long ago.
I hope so

Discussing this with some fellow Blues over the weekend and the consensus appeared to be that UEFA would be quite happy for their case to fail at CAS. That gets them off the hook while still being able to claim they tried, leaving plenty of mud still sticking to us.

UEFA have painted themselves into a corner and now have to balance their totally bent investigation being exposed for the malicious sham it is and the threat of the old G14 starting their own club competition if they don't hammer City.

Infantino has been quoted in Italy as saying he wants the FFP rules changed to promote investment by clubs rather than restrict spending.
Timing a little suspicious (not) with AC Milan falling short of FFP, other clubs including United, Barca, Bayern, Real all going through huge reinvestments.
Of course, all it does is show even they (FIFA) know that FFP was introduced to stop clubs like City and PSG and it failed. Now its caught the established clubs instead, it needs to be changed. Shock

Infantino has been quoted in Italy as saying he wants the FFP rules changed to promote investment by clubs rather than restrict spending.
Timing a little suspicious (not) with AC Milan falling short of FFP, other clubs including United, Barca, Bayern, Real all going through huge reinvestments.
Of course, all it does is show even they (FIFA) know that FFP was introduced to stop clubs like City and PSG and it failed. Now its caught the established clubs instead, it needs to be changed. Shock

What’s it got to with him? he’s lining his pockets with FIFA these days he should keep his thieving snout out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.