Away tickets

New system has more positives than negatives imo
18-25s finally get a look in (for games other than Southampton and Cardiff on a Tuesday night)
No points for aways will hopefully get rid of ‘points whores’ for good and open up more games for people who stuck on around 16,000.
Points for home games will help with the problem we have with seasoncard holders only turning up for half the games.
And those already at the front of the queue will keep their place.
Only problem is I’m not 18 till feb ;)

Glory hunter :)

Happy with the no points for away tickets, might encourage people buying tickets just so they can get the points and presumable just to sell on to people with no points.

Not bothered about the 18-25 thing, at most 150 tickets? we give out much more to corps!

Completely against collect in destination, does very little other than cause an inconvenience for genuine fans. Will be interesting to see what action is given to the people that sell on tickets!

I have no problem with the ballot but surely the tickets used in it must come from an equal split of supporters' clubs, corporates, and season ticket holders, not from one section. The ticket collection could be a pain in the arse. It depends on how many they check and how often. If it is really used just as a deterrent to the few who sell their tickets on for profit then it may work. I have never been convinced that we have a huge army of so-called "points whores." I see the same faces at most away games who have been going for decades plus a smattering of corporate tourists at London games (presumably they are the Viagogo brigade) Let's see what happens this season.
It now transpires that it is not a ballot but first come first served for the 150 tickets in the 18/25 year olds category
And only on the first day of sale after that any unsold tickets go back into the loyalty system group

Next step ballot.

I have a 27 and a 23 year old. One may benefit over the next two seasons, the other is considered over the hill.

Too many excluded, the changes haven't created equity. Ballot next logic step.

So a supporter who is 3000 points behind another supporter decides to go to every home and away game for the next 3 years, taking time off work, travelling the length and breadth of the country.
The supporter who is 3000 points ahead decides to just go to home games for the next 3 years as its too much hassle and he can't be arsed spending his money or his time following the club away anymore.
In 3 years time this supporter will still have 3000 more loyalty points than the other guy!
Correct another major fuck up from our great club along with the ‘let’s chuck everyone out of the north stand and make it all families ‘
Cups for cock ups ! So things don’t change regardless of how good the team are!!!

Very easily - especially as under 16s can get to the games at the same time as a qualifying adult - now they will miss out on most as the threshold has gone up to allow a lot more to not go to points, and it won't be just the 5%, but that is the scapegoat.

Most 20-25 with no points are the new fan or not from a city family, why should those whose parents have forked out thousands to help them be shafted for those whose parents were united or Liverpool fans?

bit of a sweeping generalization. i know loads of city fans who are 20-25 years old who dont go away games that have been city fans for years and go to every single home match. I'm 25 and started going when joe royle was the managers - not exactly a glory hunter. no that long ago pearce was the manager.

'why should those whose parents have forked out thousands to help then be shafted' how is that fair??? just because they can afford it. what about the thousands of teenagers across manchester who arent that lucky and don't have parents who are loaded? should they not go to games.....ridiculous point.

what i get from your post is apparently your only a city fan if you have away points and your lucky enough to get tickets bought for you by mum and dad. unless I've misread your post ?

Can she not hold off and buy a ticket when you get yours?
She only has 14k so this system benefits her although she thinks it’s wrong so if points go to Monday I am fine but she won’t be unless she is lucky enough to bag one tomorrow but then if I don’t get one she will return it I assume.

Quite happy with the 18-25 thing.
Not averse to the random collection either, as long as it’s organised better than it was in Celtic and Madrid. You don’t turn up in person, you don’t get any more tickets.
The no points for away tickets is bollocks though. Like many others I’ve spent years shelling out to build up enough points just to have a fighting chance. Now it boils down to going platinum every year. The first bullshit step on the path to a full ballot

Another scenario is supporter A is told 5 days before the game he needs to collect his ticket.
On the way to the ground his car breaks down/gets stuck in traffic/has family emergency (take your pick) he doesn't collect his ticket.
Will the club therefore assume he never intended to go and was intending to pass on and ban him?

They have history of banning people without any attempt to seek explanations
100% I think a few united fans had to go that Fsa thing and united backed down

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.