Bang goes the holiday

I remember doing the Skiathos flight about 20 (?) Years ago ... landing was a bit hairy .. but after the take off we had to land at Brindisi airport to get fuel..... did you guys experience this too
Did you have to take on wood?

No, because most are in the pub so don't see them ;-)
If you get to Werneth Low you actually look down on the planes as they turn right to overfly Stockport. Weather and wind permitting o.c.The mighty 380 dwarfs the rest, worth the trip just to see it...
Btw dont take a drone....

Hi makenzie. I think the way it works is that if you head towards Manchester from the south east of England which would include parts of Spain and certainly Greece then you fly up to Stockport and then turn left into Manchester. If you fly up from the south west of England coming home from Tenerife and maybe Portugal, then you fly past Manchester and then turn right flying over Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham in a big loop before getting to Stockport and turning right into Manchester.

All flights from the US, Canada etc do the loop thingy as well as a rule. Most flights from northern Europe do the loop as well.

You'll get to see plenty of planes around here.
I live in Lower Broughton and a couple of nights a week the flight path is above my house where are they coming from. Do you pay for these flight apps?

If you get to Werneth Low you actually look down on the planes as they turn right to overfly Stockport. Weather and wind permitting o.c.The mighty 380 dwarfs the rest, worth the trip just to see it...
Btw dont take drone....

Why would anyone take that twat?

I live in Lower Broughton and a couple of nights a week the flight path is above my house where are they coming from. Do you pay for these flight apps?

Flightradar24 is free but I think it contains adverts. I pay something like £70 a year to be ad free. FlightAware is another one to try as well. Try Flightradar24 free for a bit and then go for the paid version if you fancy it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.