Away tickets

It now transpires that it is not a ballot but first come first served for the 150 tickets in the 18/25 year olds category
And only on the first day of sale after that any unsold tickets go back into the loyalty system group
Thank God I'm not 18 to 25 then. That sounds like a lot of hassle to me. Mind you not as difficult as jibbing in which I did to lots of away matches in the 70s!

I thought the 18-25 thing was going to be a ballot? This isn’t a ballot, this is first one on the phone/internet gets the ticket!

My understanding was that it would be a ballot & if you got a ticket for this game then your number wouldn’t go in for the next one? That’s more of a ballot than everyone trying on the first day surely?

For the 18-25 tickets, what happens when they turn 26? They’ve got no points for attending whatever games they have managed to get tickets for so they’ve not moved up the queue and they’re left with zero chance of attending a game.

And how many are going to get a ticket and be willing to go on their own when none of their mates can get a ticket?

What’s going to happen is, they’ll sell those tickets on either for profit to tout websites or to others under the agreement they sort them out another time. Let’s say some kid gets a Bournemouth ticket, nobody he knows is going as tickets are at a premium so he doesn’t really fancy it, he’s not going to send it back, instead, along comes a supporters club chairman who’s always got people needing tickets, buys it off him and offers him two tickets for him and his mate along with travel if they need it to another less appealing league game. The threat of punishment isn’t a deterrent for somebody who can’t get tickets usually anyway. An entirely new black market is then created.

The more you think about it, the worse it gets. It’s the ticketing equivalent of FFP. The guys at the top, stay at the top and rules are put in place to ensure nobody can change that.

So we have this (imaginary) problem where a small number of fans buy tickets with no intention of going to the game just to keep their points totals high.

I know, let's piss off the vast majority of our away support, the people who carried the club through the bad times by abolishing points for away games.

These people are fucking idiots.

For the 18-25 tickets, what happens when they turn 26? They’ve got no points for attending whatever games they have managed to get tickets for so they’ve not moved up the queue and they’re left with zero chance of attending a game.

And how many are going to get a ticket and be willing to go on their own when none of their mates can get a ticket?

What’s going to happen is, they’ll sell those tickets on either for profit to tout websites or to others under the agreement they sort them out another time. Let’s say some kid gets a Bournemouth ticket, nobody he knows is going as tickets are at a premium so he doesn’t really fancy it, he’s not going to send it back, instead, along comes a supporters club chairman who’s always got people needing tickets, buys it off him and offers him two tickets for him and his mate along with travel if they need it to another less appealing league game. The threat of punishment isn’t a deterrent for somebody who can’t get tickets usually anyway. An entirely new black market is then created.

The more you think about it, the worse it gets. It’s the ticketing equivalent of FFP. The guys at the top, stay at the top and rules are put in place to ensure nobody can change that.
Last paragraph is spot on. These people who to be fair have done the hard yards and spent a fortune might now think twice about tricky away games on a Monday night etc knowing that the place is secure moving forward. 19 away league games is £570 in tickets alone. Chuck another six to eight cup away games including Euros and Wembley and you could be looking at over 2k. Give a couple of seasons a miss, save a fortune and you are still near the to0. Meanwhile the 23 year old who gets tickets and does all the graft for 2 years then turns 25 and goes back to where they were.

Last paragraph is spot on. These people who to be fair have done the hard yards and spent a fortune might now think twice about tricky away games on a Monday night etc knowing that the place is secure moving forward. 19 away league games is £570 in tickets alone. Chuck another six to eight cup away games including Euros and Wembley and you could be looking at over 2k. Give a couple of seasons a miss, save a fortune and you are still near the to0. Meanwhile the 23 year old who gets tickets and does all the graft for 2 years then turns 25 and goes back to where they were.

As I said, genius.

Regarding away tickets and people selling them on, it will still happen whether you get points or not, instead of picking a couple of hundred to pick tickets up at the away grounds, why not have it that you have to have your season card with you at away games. Every away ground these days has some sort of control barrier up to the turnstiles where you have to show your ticket, then be searched and then have the sniffer dogs round your feet, Then you could have the City stewards with the hand held season card scanner scan your season card, I don’t think there is any ground with more than eight turnstiles at the away end unless a cup game where we get a larger allocation, so only several stewards required. If you are one that buys away tickets to sell on to anyone you don’t know would you be prepared to let your season card go with it, in the hope it’s returned in the post in time for the next home game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.