Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the players renewals we have done, Leroy seems to be the only one who hasn't committed. It's creating noise, especially against the backdrop of harmonious exits for Mangala, Delph, and Kompany. We've made an offer, he's refused, we've sat down again, he's stalled on making a choice and seemingly he hasn't got another round of talks with us. I think we've said take it or leave it. In the locker room he would only say to the team he's staying, in the meeting rooms with agents and sponsors it might not be cut and dried as that.

Of all the players renewals we have done, Leroy seems to be the only one who hasn't committed. It's creating noise, especially against the backdrop of harmonious exits for Mangala, Delph, and Kompany. We've made an offer, he's refused, we've sat down again, he's stalled on making a choice and seemingly he hasn't got another round of talks with us. I think we've said take it or leave it. In the locker room he would only say to the team he's staying, in the meeting rooms with agents and sponsors it might not be cut and dried as that.

Hit the nail on the head, he has a contract offer, and it is a case of 'take it or leave it', NOT 'take it or leave'.

He still has two years left on his contract, not accepting a new contract doesnt change that.

He has a right to choose to commit his long term future, or not to, whether its for more money or more playing time, at the moment he probably feels he deserves more of both.

But he is still a great player and can contribute a lot next season at least, if not l longer.

TBF I did say IF he wants out As Pep has said tonight on his reluctance to keep unhappy players personally i want Leroy to stay deffinately , but understandably from a financial standpoint we could really do with him signing a new contract and putting fhe commitment issue to bed

Still think this is mostly about leverage for him to make the point that he expects to play; and/or he may not want to commit longer term beyond when Pep leaves, at least until the succession plan is clear and to his liking. If he ends up really wanting to leave in two years he’d absolutely kick himself for extending now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.