Douglas Luiz (signed for Villa)

Work permits rules are farcical. I understand them but they shouldn't result in him being allowed to play for Villa and not us. If he is going to be paid the same wage or more by City than he would by Villa then he is going to pay the same in taxes. If the FA re worried about taking up home grown places then he will always take one space up wherever he plays in the EPL.

I’m assuming he is one of Villas highest earners - so that’s how he qualifies?

If anyone thinks this is a move designed to benefit villa they are mistaken, bar maybe he helps them stay up.. All this is about is gaining a player we want a work permit that we can’t seem to get. I’d not be surprised to see us activate his clause at the end of the season or even January maybe.
That’s why Villa fans will be worried it’s a certainty not a ‘what if’, we know already he’s going to shine & Pep has said he rates high highly so all this is about is circumnavigating the work permit hypocrisy. Yes Villa will be annoyed but they can blame the FA/Home office not City. As a city fan though I don’t care how Villa fans feel about this, harsh but true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.