Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is playing us, to run down his contract and should be sold if he is not prepared to commit to us this window, I get the feeling he is following Gundogan example.

Incredible how the Mirror took this from Pep's interview and the BBC then reported it via their gossip page

"Pep Guardiola has opened the door for Leroy Sane, 23, to quit Manchester City - by telling the £100m-rated German winger he can leave if he is unhappy"

He is playing us, to run down his contract and should be sold if he is not prepared to commit to us this window, I get the feeling he is following Gundogan example.

I don't think he's playing us per se, but it seems to be a recent Prem/German thing of running down your deal and to assess all your options e.g. Ozil, Gundogan. In the case of Sane, it's a far riskier thing for us because he's worth substantially more than Ozil or Gundogan would be. I hope he stays but Pep has always maintained that the club has done everything to try to convince him and we simply cannot risk losing him on a free. If he hasn't signed by January, it'll cause a very unnecessary distraction mid season and if he hasn't signed by next summer, our leverage is virtually 0. I hate to say it but it may be a complete misstep not selling him this summer if he refuses to commit but here's hoping he signs a new deal soon.

Seems like there's a not-insignificant chance they can BOTH leave. Wonder why they want to leave one of the best teams, most in-form teams, in the world right now.

Just because he is not taking the contract on offer, doesnt mean he wants to leave. If he did, he'd be long gone. Bayern have given him more than enough encouragement to look for a move, he hasnt, and they havnt bid. If he had given them any sign he wanted to join them, they 'd be bidding and mouthing off about us blocking his and their ambitions.

What is the problem with not wanting to accept a new contract? he still has two years left, if he is happy to get significantly less money during that time till he is either ready to commit or gets the offer he wants (or a sign he will play more), thats his choice.

I like to think that there is dialogue on both sides. The club will not say take it or leave it and then sit on their hands while Leroy runs down his contract because he is not satisfied with the offer. 2) Leroy or his reps must be giving some indication of where the offer could be improved.
I guess the one area their could be an unbridgeable impass is playing time. If Leroy wont sign because of that then surely he is he unreasonable party as none of the playing squad are given guarantees. Time is on Leroys side as the longer things go the greater his leverage. There is no sign of the Club actively marketing him so it seems they have made the decision to take the risk and hope that he renews this season at some point.

I don't think he's playing us per se, but it seems to be a recent Prem/German thing of running down your deal and to assess all your options e.g. Ozil, Gundogan. In the case of Sane, it's a far riskier thing for us because he's worth substantially more than Ozil or Gundogan would be. I hope he stays but Pep has always maintained that the club has done everything to try to convince him and we simply cannot risk losing him on a free. If he hasn't signed by January, it'll cause a very unnecessary distraction mid season and if he hasn't signed by next summer, our leverage is virtually 0. I hate to say it but it may be a complete misstep not selling him this summer if he refuses to commit but here's hoping he signs a new deal soon.

2 seasons of Leroy reaching his potential may be worth the risk of losing him on a free in 2 years

2 seasons of Leroy reaching his potential may be worth the risk of losing him on a free in 2 years
I rate Sane highly and would love to see him signing a new contract but as a business ( and FFP) i can't see how City can let younger players just see out their contracts and then leave for nothing.
I have no idea what Sane's thoughts are on his future but surely if he doesn't sign a contract then we have to sell him and get as much as we can for him.

I don’t think Leroy is seriously considering going to Bayern. He’s just holding out for the best deal for himself and can you really blame him?

Just look at Bayern. They’ve already spent €100m+ on players and are still far away from being a top top team again.

Ribery, Robben and James left.

Neuer is declining and is turning 34 this season. Lewandowski is 31 next month. Javi Martinez is 31 in September. Mueller declining and turns 30 also in September.

Their midfield is average, they’ve only improved the defense spending crazy money.

If you’re Leroy do you really want to leave a midfield of De Bruyne, Silva and Fernandinho for Tolisso, Goretzka and sick note Alcantara eventually Javi Martinez.

Look at their squad, how many world class players do you see?? Bayern won’t be winning the Champions League anytime soon.

Bayern have neglected to rebuild for years now, by being cheap and trying to get players to run down their deal and sign for free.

Well that’s now come back to bite them and they are very bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.