Matthijs de Ligt

I’m surprised it’s only a 4 year contract, he’ll be able to leave on a free when he’s just 23.

I’m surprised it’s only a 4 year contract, he’ll be able to leave on a free when he’s just 23.

I think it's reasonable, a lot can change in 4 footballing years and so can his contract.

Makes sense. Juve are willing sellers for the right price and Raiola is going to want another agents signing fee in 2-3 years.

I'm probably going OT here, but this is something that I noticed your smoked neighbours don't seem to understand. I read their de Ligt thread these last few days and, apart from a growing case of sour grapes, there was the idea that throwing big money around for glittering players would solve all their problems. There were some reasonable posters too but the majority didn't quite grasp that football is a team sport. The better team wins, it's not a 1v1 repeated 11 times. Their problems lie in management, which also chooses coaching, which affects the whole team. Players may make mistakes and fail expectations but they are influenced by the way they're handled and coached. Those fans should be grateful none of them is actually running the club, because ignoring the situation they're in will do nothing to bring them back to the top.

As for de Ligt, I'd have liked to spend less for him but such is the market nowadays. Being on Raiola's good/indifferent side isn't the end of the world.
Agreed. I think he's going to be an incredible player, but this sets a precedent for every other player you go for. We've seen how Sanchez has destroyed that team, because they no longer care about the performance, they care about their wages in comparison to their teammates. There are World Class players like Icardi, who can ruin a team purely through greed or attitude. This is why I'm so proud we've built a squad of generally likeable, hard-working players (who also happen to be World Class) i.e. Silva, Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero, KDB with a great team ethic.

For De Ligt, he could end up the best CB in the world, so I think it's worth the punt, but seeing as Laporte is on £65k per week, I think we can find great players at reasonable wages and have them create a strong, competitive atmosphere.

Agreed. I think he's going to be an incredible player, but this sets a precedent for every other player you go for. We've seen how Sanchez has destroyed that team, because they no longer care about the performance, they care about their wages in comparison to their teammates. There are World Class players like Icardi, who can ruin a team purely through greed or attitude. This is why I'm so proud we've built a squad of generally likeable, hard-working players (who also happen to be World Class) i.e. Silva, Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero, KDB with a great team ethic.

For De Ligt, he could end up the best CB in the world, so I think it's worth the punt, but seeing as Laporte is on £65k per week, I think we can find great players at reasonable wages and have them create a strong, competitive atmosphere.

I firmly believe that; we started our winning run in 2011 with that kind of players, if a lot less high profile than yours. Now that we've achieved consistency we can afford to win these kinds of transfer races without being overly worried about losing our balance.

I firmly believe that; we started our winning run in 2011 with that kind of players, if a lot less high profile than yours. Now that we've achieved consistency we can afford to win these kinds of transfer races without being overly worried about losing our balance.

And that is because if a player fancies a move to Italy,there is only one place to go to really,like I said earlier,for an easy life,might sound harsh but it's true.

And as for your comment about our oh so competitive PL,I'm pretty sure that you are more interested about what is going on in our league than I am about yours,like Scotland.

And that is because if a player fancies a move to Italy,there is only one place to go to really,like I said earlier,for an easy life,might sound harsh but it's true.

And as for your comment about our oh so competitive PL,I'm pretty sure that you are more interested about what is going on in our league than I am about yours,like Scotland.

Yeah right now we are the best team you could sign for in Italy by some distance, but we weren't always. We've achieved our results through work and commitment, they weren't gifted to us. I'm sure you'd understand this if you managed to win some more titles on the run.

As for my interest in the PL, I don't think it's wise to make assumptions about complete strangers. My remark might have been a little too much on the snide side but re: your last post, I can assure you that I haven't watched a single PL match last season. Not that I take any pride in that; it's just better if you don't try to fit an English fan's perspective on every foreign fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.