Away tickets

Above you now?
All the corporate, regardless of points
Supporters Club members, regardless of points
People in the ticket office who flog them at a profit.

a 25 year old new season ticket holder who has never been to a game

United away also is the only game the high profile women's players get tickets for, loads of other employees have access too.
Why should they get tickets for that game - takes the piss

Trying to get my head round points for home games.
You are supposed to need points for away games
It's fair to say the guys with lots of points I'm trying to catch might just have a season card.
So should they persue the new Interest in cricket i am going to gain 190 points
So I am on say 10k they are on 22k how does this help??
I'm lost here if the other 44 999 are getting the points also what's the fuckin point
Who dreams this shite up!!
Because ultimately they'll get rid of the points system so tickets can be distributed however the club can make the most money, which is the crux. We haven't given them enough clearly.

I love this club, but I don't have deep enough pockets for it to love me back.

Looking at this it will mean nobody now will ever get a chance of catching up as the pecking order will remain the same. It will still be the same old faces at away matches and the idea there will be more tickets available because they wont go because they cant be a 'ticket whore' is b*******s. All this means is that if your over the age of 25 with less than 19000 points, and have been trying hard to get points by going to as many games as you can you've been shafted.

I think this is a positive move on behalf of the club. They have managed to work out that many of these season cards with high points are now no longer hard core fans going to every game but individuals who have followed the club home and away historically, have an in built advantage that they are now continually reinforcing by buying tickets for games that they dont actually go to. This is preventing the younger and newer fans from getting access to tickets.

The best decision however is removing points for away games. The club are successful enough now to know we can pretty much sell out any away game. We dont need to reward loyalty for this any longer.

By now moving the emphasis onto rewarding home attendance it incentivises 45,000 season card holders to attend cup games and champions league games, those games that we struggle to sell out and end up continually accused by the media of empty seats. Now, there is a motivation to attend these home games to boost your points and they are tickets that you are less likely to be able to buy and move or sell on.

Away games had simply become a way for the points rich to continually become points richer, blocking thousands of fans from ever closing the gap. Now tens of thousands have the opportunity to do so by attending home games.

Hopefully , this will see far more sell outs in cup games and 'new' loyal fans getting rewarded rather than a very small cabal of longstanding fans who are using their points advantage to block out others.

Everybody's circumstances will be different, but here is an example of how things can now work. I am on c.19k points currently, doing about 10 aways per season nowadays. I did home and away, every game for 15 seasons or so just before the points system came in to being and every home game from being a young kid before that. My son is in the 18-25 age bracket and only really does home games (albeit having a SC for 16 years). He is now able to get a ticket well ahead of me!!

As anyone who has read my previous posts on this topic, you can imagine my general disappointment that what we had feared regarding what was suggested over the past few months by City Matters has been brought in.

There is so much scaremongering regarding the dreaded "points whore" that I really think those that think it's as rampant as reported are the ones who are quite far out of touch with the regular away support at City.

The point has been hammered by me and others previously on this thread and the previous thread we've had on the topic - the only time points become an issue is when people believe they should get tickets for Old Trafford or Anfield or a more desirable cup game.

Points is not an issue when we've got *insert the many games that went to general sale last season*.

In the most successful season City have had in our 125 year history, we struggled to sell out plenty of away games. We have what 45,000 season ticket holders? And we're generally populated in a certain region. I get it that Newcastle away midweek might be difficult for you - hey I couldn't get that one off work either - but the image of 1,000's clamouring to be in City away ends but being kept out due to some fat cats who buy tickets purely to sell them on Facebook has been exaggerated in your head.

Sure, I guarantee that there will be someone out there on 26k points who has done the hard graft a few years ago but now is buying tickets so his mate from the local can go. And I'm sure there has been someone who looks at Burnley away thinking "I can get a ticket for that, but I'm away that weekend... oh well I'll get one and sell it so I get the points", but these people are few and far between. And on that second example, and bringing myself into this - I may not get any points for tickets now, but I know I'll get a Bournemouth away ticket - if someone I know wants one I can still buy it and pass it on, yeah there may be a risk of a collection but he can borrow my I.D. if he wants, afterall, it's a picture of me as an 18 year old and I'm 31 now.

An issue for me, and seemingly a lot of others, is that our group, those with the points seem to be the ones that are only guilty of doing any wrong when the vast majority of us are that hardcore that were in half empty away ends before the cash rolled in.

Supporters Clubs for years - and I know because I used to run one - will oversubscribe the interest for a game. Norwich away for example in September. 20 members wants to go. So the Supporters Club will tell the club they've got 28 members who want to go, if they get more than 20 they will be able to shift it somewhere. These 20 members can be anyone. I've had it in the past where "Liam, my cousin for Canada is coming over, could you apply for a ticket on a member who isn't goings ticket?" this person hadn't even watched a game of football before but they got a ticket for a game that sold out in the 13/14 season.

The internal tickets too - of course you're probably gonna get Gabriel Jesus' entourage in the away end at Stamford Bridge, but Bournemouth last season and Wigan in the FA Cup the year before (both games that sold out before general sale - on high points for the case of Bournemouth) I was stood on a row with about 20 empty seats around me, with Aguero's Dad and son stood behind me.

You've seen it plenty of times on here where someone with points will say "well I got to this point because I was doing Watford away midweek" and someone without points will respond "well it's not that easy with work and other commitments" or words to that effect. So now that no points are being given do you think that changes anything? Points shouldn't be a reason to go - I get that - but working your way up the system and staying on top is a driving factor with going, you cannot escape that fact.

I'm in a position of being first day of sale with the majority of away tickets and this system does not change that for me. I could not bother all season and next year I'm still at the top of the tree, so really I should be laughing at those who think this is a good idea because their chances of getting a ticket for Old Trafford have increased by a few %, but it is completely unfair on all those who have known and adhered to a system which the club has had in place for close to 20 years. Those "whores" aren't gonna start going now, but they may still buy a ticket because their mates all know they have points. If you have a season ticket and you're on holiday for a home game, you'll pass it to someone you know who hasn't got a ticket so they can have a day out, wouldn't you? Why would it be any different for away games?

And I've barely even mentioned ticket collections.

I think this is a positive move on behalf of the club. They have managed to work out that many of these season cards with high points are now no longer hard core fans going to every game but individuals who have followed the club home and away historically, have an in built advantage that they are now continually reinforcing by buying tickets for games that they dont actually go to. This is preventing the younger and newer fans from getting access to tickets.

The best decision however is removing points for away games. The club are successful enough now to know we can pretty much sell out any away game. We dont need to reward loyalty for this any longer.

By now moving the emphasis onto rewarding home attendance it incentivises 45,000 season card holders to attend cup games and champions league games, those games that we struggle to sell out and end up continually accused by the media of empty seats. Now, there is a motivation to attend these home games to boost your points and they are tickets that you are less likely to be able to buy and move or sell on.

Away games had simply become a way for the points rich to continually become points richer, blocking thousands of fans from ever closing the gap. Now tens of thousands have the opportunity to do so by attending home games.

Hopefully , this will see far more sell outs in cup games and 'new' loyal fans getting rewarded rather than a very small cabal of longstanding fans who are using their points advantage to block out others.
Wrong pal on many points but the notion that the away fans attend the games to accrue points is laughable, They go to support there club and now there is no points for away games everything will remain static so they have eternally secured their ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.