Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Sane highly and would love to see him signing a new contract but as a business ( and FFP) i can't see how City can let younger players just see out their contracts and then leave for nothing.
I have no idea what Sane's thoughts are on his future but surely if he doesn't sign a contract then we have to sell him and get as much as we can for him.

Why? Because his sale value might drop? What are we, the stock exchange?

He was bought for 37m. His value even with only a year left should be well more than that next season, or at the very least, around that. Even if he goes free the season after (assuming he doesnt sign a new deal by then), at a reported 60k a week to have a player of that quality available and contributing the goals and assists he has been, for 37m over 5 years is surely good value.

Seems like there's a not-insignificant chance they can BOTH leave. Wonder why they want to leave one of the best teams, most in-form teams, in the world right now.
'Germany Calling, Germany Calling" - they are just dog whistling, it works in their own country and maybe they just think we must also pay homage to our superiors.

Really hope he stays. He looked sharp yesterday and for the first time in god knows how long he popped up on the right and looked dangerous cutting in. Got the potential to be world class. He will have to work hard in order to reach that level, but Pep is the man to help him. A lot of young players around to help him too. Ultimately if he wants to go back to Germany then good luck to him. I don't think it would be the best move for him but it is a personal decision. Mahrez is still a gifted player, and can improve next season with us. Sane has a higher ceiling but that depends on his focus and work rate.

According to italian media, Sane is keeping his options open, so he can follow Pep to Juventus.

pffftt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.