Away tickets

Wrong pal on many points but the notion that the away fans attend the games to accrue points is laughable, They go to support there club and now there is no points for away games everything will remain static so they have eternally secured their ticket.

Only true if those on high points continue to attend all home games. Theres been plenty of empty seats at home games which suggests to me plenty of opportunity now to close the points gap on non attendees.

If you continue to go to home games with high points then of course your situation remains the same. However, if you had high points only to pass away tickets on to maintain your position that option has now effectively been removed, which is great news. I suspect many of those moaning about these changes are in exactly that position.

I think this is a positive move on behalf of the club. They have managed to work out that many of these season cards with high points are now no longer hard core fans going to every game but individuals who have followed the club home and away historically, have an in built advantage that they are now continually reinforcing by buying tickets for games that they dont actually go to. This is preventing the younger and newer fans from getting access to tickets.

The best decision however is removing points for away games. The club are successful enough now to know we can pretty much sell out any away game. We dont need to reward loyalty for this any longer.

By now moving the emphasis onto rewarding home attendance it incentivises 45,000 season card holders to attend cup games and champions league games, those games that we struggle to sell out and end up continually accused by the media of empty seats. Now, there is a motivation to attend these home games to boost your points and they are tickets that you are less likely to be able to buy and move or sell on.

Away games had simply become a way for the points rich to continually become points richer, blocking thousands of fans from ever closing the gap. Now tens of thousands have the opportunity to do so by attending home games.

Hopefully , this will see far more sell outs in cup games and 'new' loyal fans getting rewarded rather than a very small cabal of longstanding fans who are using their points advantage to block out others.
Sorry mate don't agree with one bit of this post is it at a Clarkie?

Last edited:
Just tried to get a ticket for my daughter on the 18-25 tickets as she is on my friends and family but as I don't qualify until Monday I can't get onto the page - well done City another cock up

Just bought 2 tickets for West Ham, confirmation message states, ‘ticket points gained in this transaction 80’. Strange !

Only true if those on high points continue to attend all home games. Theres been plenty of empty seats at home games which suggests to me plenty of opportunity now to close the points gap on non attendees.

If you continue to go to home games with high points then of course your situation remains the same. However, if you had high points only to pass away tickets on to maintain your position that option has now effectively been removed, which is great news. I suspect many of those moaning about these changes are in exactly that position.
So you believe there are hundreds of fans that only go to away games but cant be bothered to attend the home games?

It looks to me like this isn't a ballot for 18-25 year olds at all. Infact, it's a first come first served thing and therefore the same people will be able to get the tickets for each game thus taking away any "fairness" that City were trying to sought.

It looks to me like this isn't a ballot for 18-25 year olds at all. Infact, it's a first come first served thing and therefore the same people will be able to get the tickets for each game thus taking away any "fairness" that City were trying to sought.

Correct no ballot - and west ham had no auto queue so suggests very few interested, but they will be out in force for the big games.

Point still being awarded also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.