2021 Fifa Club World Cup

jamesha

Team supported
Manchester City
Not seen anything posted about this yet.
24 teams with 8 from Europe.

Based on UEFA’s rankings, the eight clubs most likely to be selected are: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool and Porto.

Good idea or cynical money making exercise that will drive players beyond their limits?

Last edited:
Good idea or cynical money making exercise that will drive players beyong their limits?
Do you really need to ask?

The reality is that there's not a single club outside of Europe that isn't a step down on the 24 best teams in Europe. Maybe some of the Brazilian or Argentinean teams would be decent, but I still doubt any are better than Arsenal, Wolves or Valencia. There are teams that don't qualify for the Europa League that would shit on Wydad Casablanca or Kashima Antlers. So what we'll probably end up with is another tournament in which the European teams don't take it seriously because they know that the European competitions are a better measure of how good they are against top opposition.

Do you really need to ask?

The reality is that there's not a single club outside of Europe that isn't a step down on the 24 best teams in Europe. Maybe some of the Brazilian or Argentinean teams would be decent, but I still doubt any are better than Arsenal, Wolves or Valencia. There are teams that don't qualify for the Europa League that would shit on Wydad Casablanca or Kashima Antlers. So what we'll probably end up with is another tournament in which the European teams don't take it seriously because they know that the European competitions are a better measure of how good they are against top opposition.

That was my thought too but with the money available in the East (particularly China) it could become more competive than it has been to date. I think that this type of globalisation is the only way in which the current crazy football market will sustain itself (thinks fees for Neymar, De Ligt's wages + agent fees).

I am certainly not fully on board but it could be interesting to see how it develops - maybe we will see competitive matches between CFG teams at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Based on UEFA’s rankings, the eight clubs most likely to be selected are: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool and Porto.

Good idea or cynical money making exercise that will drive players beyond their limits?
Wot no rags? hee hee

If twas me I'd have a Ryder Cup type competition with 7 teams from Europe versus 7 teams from The Rest of the World with points tallied in various ways with a figurehead for each side choosing who plays who etc.

Each team from Europe plays one RestofWorld team (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 1 point for top scoring team, 1 point for least against team)
3 separate games with a mix of players from the 7 teams. (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 1 point for top scoring team, 1 point for least against team)
1 top game (e.g. City V RiverPlate) (2 points for a win, 1 for a draw)

No player can play in more than 3 games.

Loads of buildup and crap marketing and they'd love it.

No United? No chance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.