Next Captain

Vinny did a lot more than that,we have seen his speeches in the locker room and he lead everyone,he was awarrior that they all followed,he was our spokesman,always eloquent and calm,he kept everyone calm and focused in the big moments and in the run in,you need a new capt if yours doesn't do that for you
Indeed. But my point is that it doesn't have to be the captain who does that. Other figures can be leaders without wearing the armband.

Kevin De Bruyne on captaincy:

"I don't know, obviously I was part of the captains the last two years so if the team wants me to be captain or the club, I will gladly accept it but that's something I think that everybody needs to talk about as a team, as a club. I think probably this will be talked about when everybody comes back. There's a lot of players missing so I think we need to do that together because it's a really important job that you need to do, not only on the pitch, but also off the pitch."
That is the sort of eloquence needed off the pitch.

Kevin De Bruyne on captaincy:

"I don't know, obviously I was part of the captains the last two years so if the team wants me to be captain or the club, I will gladly accept it but that's something I think that everybody needs to talk about as a team, as a club. I think probably this will be talked about when everybody comes back. There's a lot of players missing so I think we need to do that together because it's a really important job that you need to do, not only on the pitch, but also off the pitch."

Brilliant management by Pep, letting the players discuss and decide. His biggest and most undervalued quality is his people management skills.

Think kdb makes the most sense. I can't see him being as theatrical as kompany before matches in the dressing room, but he has the same intelligence and deliberate articulation.

merlin**
kev
kun** vice cpt

stones in the making too

Stonesy has to make the CB position his own first Ali! I really like him but he's fallen off a cliff as far as form and confidence is concerned. Hopefully the real John Stones comes back this season and if he does, then I agree with you as potential captain material..

KDB has plenty of fire in his heart but I think gets a bit too emotional in certain situations. I think it will go Bernardo after Silva. Perhaps even Aguero in his final year :(

It should be Delph. Experienced, good talker (that accent notwithstanding). Obvious, innit? I'm that sure of it, I nipped down the bookies and stuck €150 on it. The bookie was very generous as well. He willingly took my bet and offered me 250/1. Get on it folks, while you can. But remember where you heard it first.

It should be Delph. Experienced, good talker (that accent notwithstanding). Obvious, innit? I'm that sure of it, I nipped down the bookies and stuck €150 on it. The bookie was very generous as well. He willingly took my bet and offered me 250/1. Get on it folks, while you can. But remember where you heard it first.
Fab shout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.