Away tickets

Agree with others - A five year roll over system / ballot is the only fair way of doing it I think.

Away games have become a closed shop and very difficult to get tickets for. Yes there are games on open sale, but they are more often then not midweek or too far for many.

the only way to go to away games for lots of people is by knowing someone with high points - that’s not right. Nigh on impossible to catch up points wise aswell

I don’t think people should have a divine right to tickets.

It’s a difficult one to solve.

Agree with others - A five year roll over system / ballot is the only fair way of doing it I think.

Away games have become a closed shop and very difficult to get tickets for. Yes there are games on open sale, but they are more often then not midweek or too far for many.

the only way to go to away games for lots of people is by knowing someone with high points - that’s not right. Nigh on impossible to catch up points wise aswell

No they don't, they need to put the year in an earn them.

Any ballot would be a disgrace and lead to touting in the extreme.

Again though, this is where the argument begins and ends.

If you're not prepared to travel to night midweek games or to games that are far away, why should you take precedence over somebody that will?

I changed mine to gold two seasons ago because it was obvious that I was getting further away from 'A-list' aways. I stopped going to Champs league group games too. The money saved allows me to get tickets in other ways - Brighton away last season was in their corporate seating. Living 130 miles away helped my decision to quit games that are on tv anyway.
The fairest system for me would be a 5 year rolling system for 3/5ths of the allocation and the rest in a ballot for seasoncard holders in their second season plus. Obviously this wouldn't be necessary for all aways- but it would give most fans at least the hope of doing a big away at least once in a season.
This emotional topic really is a no win situation for those making the decisions :-/

If they adopted your 'fairest system' suggestion many of us wouldn't be so 'emotional' about this.

The fact that the club is discriminating against a huge proportion of its core away support is the most shocking aspect of this.

No they don't, they need to put the year in an earn them.

Any ballot would be a disgrace and lead to touting in the extreme.

Why would it lead to more touting than exists now?

I actually think it would lead to less. If season ticket holders get the rare chance to go to a fairly high-priority away game, I doubt they'd be selling it on anymore than someone who's been 8 or 9 out of the last 10 seasons.

What do people consider to be too far?

This actually underlines another issue which no ones mentioned - people who come on here/elsewhere saying "I used to be able to get to a few aways a season but now it's too hard/points whores are taking all the tickets", I'm guessing more often than not that you were relying on Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn to be your days out. Get there within an hour and we've got 6,000 tickets so if you really want one, you'll probably get one.

A limit of tickets based on points and then a number of tickets based on a ballot. I know mates who get away tickets all season long yet don't attend home games....and they have done for the last 10yrs. Something needed to change.

I'm unsure of these changes as a whole. I'm not convinced ticket collections will work logistically (Celtic away springs to mind). I'm not sure that removing ticket points for away games changes anything. I do, however, think that the 18-25 y/o allocation is a good idea. I think people with higher points get irritated that people with fewer ticket points qualify for tickets ahead of them in some cases, and I can understand that. Unfortunately, people aged 18-25 are too young to have accumulated the number of away games as those who're 35+. I don't think the younger generation of fans should be indirectly punished because they simply weren't old enough to start going when the ticket point system was introduced. I also feel that our away support has been getting worse in recent years. Whether or not this is to do with differences in expectation or not, I'm not sure. But I do think these younger fans are in the age bracket that would probably create more noise on the whole.

As a rule of thumb, I don't think we as fans should be blaming each other. We all want the same thing. Away tickets have only become an issue with the huge influx of corporate tickets. There are people complaining that a bunch of young lads (who all have season cards) are going to get 5% of the tickets, when 5 or 6x that amount are given out to corporates and sponsors. Even the supporters clubs get abuse and I'm sure there's good branches and bad branches, however they're going to people who contribute to a SC and who're making the effort to support City on the whole.

We need to change the focus from squabbling amongst ourselves about a tiny piece of the pie, to reclaiming that pie from businesses and wealthy people who use the club as a means to entertain their clients (who couldn't care less about our club).

I know for a fact we have supporters with boxes and corporate tickets who can get 10 tickets to any away game they want. That's why Old Trafford and Anfield sell out at such high points. All those people with those points are going to the less attractive games as well. It's the corporates who claim their tickets for the big games.

I am pretty sure you are wrong wrt Corporate. They can APPLY for 10 tickets but don't necessarily get them. If the demand in Corporate outstrips supply (which I accept it doesn't probably most times) then there is a ballot. I totally agree with the sentiment and the fact that it isn't fair and an average person in Corporate is less likely to do Newcastle away though and thats the problem, but certainly there were a number of games last year I believe demand outstripped supply in Corporate and then there was a ballot.

A limit of tickets based on points and then a number of tickets based on a ballot. I know mates who get away tickets all season long yet don't attend home games....and they have done for the last 10yrs. Something needed to change.

So you know people who have a season card, don't go to home games, and do all aways?

I'm betting this particular demographic, if it isn't a figment of your imagination, is tiny and insignificant.

Nothing needed to change because points whoring is exaggerated, plenty of youngsters do plenty of aways and old buggers like me will eventually fade away.

Something only needed to change if you're (speaking generically, not aimed at you) too lazy to do the hard away days to earn your place at the glamour away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.