Away tickets

This is a smokescreen for scraping the whole points system.
But heaven knows what they will come up with next.
As I said before probably sell them through Ticketmaster.

Here's a more democratic way of doing things in the future.

After the club have discussed idea's with the reps, they should give every season ticket holder a chance to vote on it.

There should be a page on the OS where the idea is posted, you need to be a season ticket holder, you need to log in with your OS user details, then you vote. Once you have voted you cannot vote again. And there is a set tme to cast your vote. Once the votes are counted, the decision is final, and displayed on the OS.

That way you involve as many sesdson ticket holders as possible, and not just the reps, and small selected groups of City fans.

If I could have pressed like twice for this I would have done. That is an excellent idea, it would save all the angst we are getting on here, on Twitter and in the MUEN.

Lucky you not having a problem.
Or the one and a half hour walk to the ground in Bucharest and then another one and half hour back to the town.
You missed the one and a half hour walk around the ground looking for the tiny fucking hut the tickets were to be collected from that none of the club employees or local plod were aware of.

Unfortunately it looks like we've just got to accept this, I know when these issues first came up people from City said to contact your rep. I would love to be able to challenge this decision to the club, and I think more worryingly to know what they foresee regarding the allocating of away tickets in the long term.

I know this thread is about Away Tickets and not City Matters but I've got to say how disappointed I am with how all this has come about, specifically regarding the wording from the club on this as they have written without any evidence that people are "passing on tickets to get themselves further up the ladder". There will be rumour and innuendo spoken like fact - just like there is on here. Plenty of people are still posting their opinions on this subject whilst completely ignoring the fact, and it is a fact, that we had plenty of Premier League games go to general sale last season.

Apart from the Under 25's rep, will anyone feel like they've had any sense of victory with these changes? (And as it stands, these are the only changes from the minutes which seem to be implemented from the committee - happy to be proved wrong) I'd be interested to know, for example, how the BAME rep or the Female fans rep feel about these changes as they appear to not matter?
Indeed, but I feel that the club are under the impression the ‘points whores’ (I do hate that phrase) are made up of all the independent fans who get their own tickets and then pass them all on to make money or so the can go to United and so they’re the ones being targeted by the likes of the reps and the club.

Ironically, this is the only way I can catch up on anyone. I’ll now get 490 points more than someone on gold. As the system was, being on 15000 points, I may get six or seven aways so 140 points. If you’re on 20,000+ you get all aways but maybe go to six or seven and pass the rest on and get hundreds more points than I do. You see the problem?
By the way, I disagree with gold and platinum but it looks like the club might have a few more joining cup schemes this year as now that is the only way to gain ‘loyalty’ points.
On your points you could have gone to approximately 15 away games last year

I stand corrected.

From what I remember, you can’t refund your away ticket the Week of the game. So let’s say for some genuine reason you can’t make the away game. You become ill. You have family matters. Or you have private and personal matters. You can’t sell your away ticket back to the club. You can’t give your away ticket away, or sell it to another City fan at face value, just in-case your away ticket is spot checked. So you have to waste it and it goes unused.

Also.

Bluemoon’s ticket exchange is now dead. City fans won't risk selling their away tickets at face value in-case they are spot checked.

And what exactly is the punishment from the club if your away ticket is used by another City fan?That was not mentioned on the OS.

Let’s flip this around. Are fans with season tickets who continually miss homes games going to be warned? Because there are 1000’s of City fans who would love a season ticket, would attend every match, but can’t get a season ticket as they have all sold out.

The club have a lot of unanswered questions.

You mean like the 15 away games that either didn’t sell out or went on open sale.
Yeah I regularly see the clamour of these thousands of fans desperate to go but don’t have the points.
Let’s talk about Premier league games for a minute as they are the ones I was thinking about. I remember Everton (due to it being hastily rearranged) and Newcastle, possibly Southampton. Which others?

Looks like the Twitter fan's poll on the changes has closed. 3000 people have voted so a pretty good yardstick. The majority in favour of the changes. I suspect even more will be next season if the changes allow a wider number/range of season-ticket holders to go and the away atmospheres become even better with even more young fans there. Early days but looks like City Matters have largely got it right.
After a twitter poll.
Yeah right.

Pigeonholed...

On your points you could have gone to approximately 15 away games last year

Not everyone has the time or money to do 15 aways every season.

Some work many weekends, some have young families, some just don't have that kind of disposable income etc Does that make them less loyal? Does that mean they should never have the chance to go the the rags or dippers away games? Don't those that have been to Old Trafford the last 20 years in a row think that perhaps some other fans deserve a chance as well?

Just out of interest, say a Blue had just got his first job and was finally able to buy his first season ticket. How many years do you reckon he'd have to do those 15 aways (even if he could) before he'd qualify for one of the big away fixtures?

the daft thing is the ones with high points will all be at the games. its what they do.

by the way, does anyone really think the mard arse 18-25 group will go to Newcastle mid week? will they fuck, they will buy for mates. sound familiar?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.