Away tickets

Like many of you on here it really annoys me that those of us who get our own tickets (or are involved with Supporters Clubs who are open and above board) are classed as 'points whores' (like @squirtyflower I hate that phrase). If I can't go to an away match, which, as I age is getting more frequent, I do not apply for tickets. If that means I fall further down the pecking order so be it.

I don't apply for tickets for the rags because quite frankly after my last experience of going there where I was verbally attacked and when we played them at Wembley where I was physically attacked and rescued by a police woman, I will not give that shower my hard earned money.

Liverpool, until 17/18 season I did enjoy going to but not any more after them attacking our coach the team's coach I mean. I had gone again after they attacked the Eccles coach because I said it was just some stupid youngsters. But now, going to Liverpool is like going to a war zone. Where in the past we bantered together now you can feel the hatred in the air.

So the people who are trying to convince the club (& apparently have succeeded) that independent buyers are 'points whores' just remember Kharma! It will come back to haunt you!!! This is the thin end of the wedge and there will come a day when none of you can get tickets unless you are rich enough!!!

Lucky you not having a problem.
I was with a group of 13 of us who had to travel for 45 minutes to the hotel, costing us all money on the Metro, followed by 45 minutes back to get rid of our passports.
That was after the one and a half hours we queued for our tickets.

Yeah, dead straight forward mate.

Or what about the five of us trudging through the snow in Kiev to get to the tickets?
Or the one and a half hour walk to the ground in Bucharest and then another one and half hour back to the town.

Cheers for you being so magnanimous about the use of my free time.

half the moaners were nowhere near those games mate.
they only want the swamp and dipper tickets.

You missed the one and a half hour walk around the ground looking for the tiny fucking hut the tickets were to be collected from that none of the club employees or local plod were aware of.
You are right, forgot about that.

However the real shit was when I asked one of our security guys why this was necessary when we had only sold 300 tickets, he basically said our away support were all shit heads and treated the girls badly (the ones handing out the tickets) and it was a way of controlling who was actually there.

It was alaways about security and never about making sure the right people had the right tickets. If it wasn’t then the club would stop passing on tickets to ticket agencies and the like.

Not everyone has the time or money to do 15 aways every season.

Some work many weekends, some have young families, some just don't have that kind of disposable income etc Does that make them less loyal? Does that mean they should never have the chance to go the the rags or dippers away games? Don't those that have been to Old Trafford the last 20 years in a row think that perhaps some other fans deserve a chance as well?

Just out of interest, say a Blue had just got his first job and was finally able to buy his first season ticket. How many years do you reckon he'd have to do those 15 aways (even if he could) before he'd qualify for one of the big away fixtures?

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here?
I’ve never questioned anyone’s loyalty to City in this thread. Unless you can prove otherwise?

So someone who doesn’t go to at least half the away games, regardless of the reasons, should have access to tickets that someone who has attended nearly all of them doesn’t?
Are you defending the right of people picking and choosing the odd game to go to, even when that game is the most sought after ticket of the season?

All the committed away supporters I know are in their mid to late fifties or older. This includes disabled supporters who also have huge travel issues that able bodied fans don't have to deal with.

What do they all have in common? They want to watch City home and away regardless of where or when it is. The last thing they are doing is offloading their tickets just to gain loyalty points. I'm not one of them any more but as far as I'm concerned they deserve respect not snide insinuations that they are 'points whores'.

Apologies for temporarily removing the thread tonight (was looking into a couple of reported posts). Have tidied it up now but let’s try and keep it civil and not make it personal. Cheers.

To take the discussion in a slightly different direction.

I am annoyed because the club changed the rules last year on junior pull through tickets, such that the eligibility was dependant on the away clubs criteria. So if you take West Ham as a case in point. They are offering U16 the lowest price, so City will only do pull through for 16 and under. If the away club set the lowest price at u18, they will allow 16-18 to do a pull through based on adult points (i.e. to sit together). Today I tried to buy my sons ticket with mine but got bounced because of the U16 rule for West Ham. My Son is 17 and also not eligible for the 18-25 tickets. He has gone home and away since birth and has just over 20,000. I am hoping he will qualify in him own right at 3pm tomorrow. This system is pants for my lad. I will be very annoyed if he missed out and people in the 18-25 bracket with bugger all points get a ticket. What was the point in putting in the hard miles to build up a healthy points total for his age to end up in this scenario. The club should change the policy that U18 get access to a limited number of pull through tickets regardless of the away clubs selling criteria, then the 18-25s get access to their own limited allocation.

Views ? - no abuse please.

"As the old saying goes you always hurt the ones that love you the most, a decision that the club will come to regret, many many games in the last decade have been a hard sell despite the success, the core have always picked up the slack, now the incentive has gone I suspect swathes of empties at the unattractive fixtures, and it will be totally deserved"

This is absolute bollox, regardless of what division we were in we have always sold out our away allocation!

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here?
I’ve never questioned anyone’s loyalty to City in this thread. Unless you can prove otherwise?

So someone who doesn’t go to at least half the away games, regardless of the reasons, should have access to tickets that someone who has attended nearly all of them doesn’t?
Are you defending the right of people picking and choosing the odd game to go to, even when that game is the most sought after ticket of the season?

I believe all Blues should have equal access to tickets. That's why I personally favour a ballot system, or any other system that gives an equal chance for tickets to everybody.

I don't agree that somebody that has been lucky enough to have the time and money to do all aways for the last X number of years, is somehow more deserving than somebody that hasn't had that opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.