"The Athletic" launches in the UK | About to be bought by NYT for $550m (p 32)

If they get Martin Samuel I'm signing up for a subscription, it would be great to finally have access to actual interesting and insightful football journalism instead of the lowest common denominator social media rubbish churned out at the moment.

Interestingly, this is a reply to JPB:

It's possible that it's Fatman's attempt at humour as he's been tweeting about moving on to a new place - having emptied his minibar and heading to the main bar.

Interestingly, this is a reply to JPB:

It's possible that it's Fatman's attempt at humour as he's been tweeting about moving on to a new place - having emptied his minibar and heading to the main bar.

Bit of a cock up on his chosen twitter handle , if he does leave

The Athletic UK just launched today, I know they have been recruiting many of the established reporters including Sam Lee covering City. Paywall site £30 for twelve months, if this can provide some in-depth quality reporting and insight, we interested to see how they get on.

Some background from the editor-in-chief, https://theathletic.com/1079638/

Always thought articles behind a paywall where you subscribe for a year puts people of why dont they give you an option to just pay for the article there and then for say 50p I feel the companies would make more money.

If you subscribe to the Premier League coverage, do you also get access to the rest of the site, or would one need to pay subscription fees for each individual sport you're interested in?

Edit; upon reflection, this is a silly question. I'd be gobsmacked if subscribing to one sport only gave you access to one section of the site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.