Boddingtons Bitter

OB bitter was lovely such a shame that it was swallowed up by boddies/Whitbread and JW Lees survived.

Best boddies I had was a boozer near Stamford Park... Pointsman? Rumour has it there was a stream running through the cellar which made all the difference.
You're right mate. Used to drink in the pointsman when I worked night shifts across the road in the early 90s. The landlady used to do a big pan of chilli for the darts and pool team, and she's always leave some for us. Best pint I've Boddies I've ever had and the best bowl of chilli.

You're right mate. Used to drink in the pointsman when I worked night shifts across the road in the early 90s. The landlady used to do a big pan of chilli for the darts and pool team, and she's always leave some for us. Best pint I've Boddies I've ever had and the best bowl of chilli.
Used to play against their 2 pool teams in the 80's for my local (Moss Side) & played/won the deciding game in both matches there over a period of a couple of weeks. I was tempted to take up the offer of a transfer but couldn't be arsed with travelling from near West End & back pissed up.

About 20 years ago my dad took me to a tiny rough backstreet pub in Gorton (can't recall the name) that he used to drink in. The Boddingstons there was pure silk in a glass and easily the best pint of any beer I've ever had.

About 20 years ago my dad took me to a tiny rough backstreet pub in Gorton (can't recall the name) that he used to drink in. The Boddingstons there was pure silk in a glass and easily the best pint of any beer I've ever had.
My old stomping ground was the Hare and Hounds on Abbey Hey Lane
The Boddies in there was like nectar.

They sell it in Mother Macs - £3.30 a pint
Turks Head sells it.
Hard Rock Cafe does
Ancoats lad does as someone said previous
The City on Oldham street near Ancoats Lad does as well. £2.30 in there.

I last had a Boddingtons Bitter in the Haddon Hall fun pub in Droylsden / Clayton. It was more for old time sake as I stopped drinking it when they shut Strangeways. It was alright but nothing special.

Holts’ beer is very good. You’d often find me in The Buxton, The Halfway House or, more often, The Grove on match day as it was a good pint at a decent price. Crystal Gold lager was my preferred drop.

was it the Steelworks by any chance? Used to play darts there late 80's,nice pint.

Yep, I worked on Bayley st and used to call in the pointy, I still think the lamb in dukinfield was the best pint of boddies, plus Mike Doyle boozed in there

Yep, I worked on Bayley st and used to call in the pointy, I still think the lamb in dukinfield was the best pint of boddies, plus Mike Doyle boozed in there
Ah the Lamb used to call in for one after visiting my Gran on Park Rd when heading back to Ashton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.