Away tickets

"As the old saying goes you always hurt the ones that love you the most, a decision that the club will come to regret, many many games in the last decade have been a hard sell despite the success, the core have always picked up the slack, now the incentive has gone I suspect swathes of empties at the unattractive fixtures, and it will be totally deserved"

This is absolute bollox, regardless of what division we were in we have always sold out our away allocation!
You are on the wind up aren’t you. Reduced allocations at the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal for years, half empty stands at the likes of Wigan and Birmingham, pitiful away support at places like Swansea, Newcastle, Southampton. Less than a 1000 at Villa, 600 at Millwall, the list is endless so let’s not rewrite history

Here's a more democratic way of doing things in the future.

After the club have discussed idea's with the reps, they should give every season ticket holder a chance to vote on it.

There should be a page on the OS where the idea is posted, you need to be a season ticket holder, you need to log in with your OS user details, then you vote. Once you have voted you cannot vote again. And there is a set tme to cast your vote. Once the votes are counted, the decision is final, and displayed on the OS.

That way you involve as many sesdson ticket holders as possible, and not just the reps, and small selected groups of City fans.

I think this is a great idea.

I think it'd be great for one of the City Matters reps to pick this up because it's a lot harder to abuse and make veiled threats to 40,000+ fans rather than a single representative if they decide something that pisses off those who feel they are entitled to go to all aways.

All the committed away supporters I know are in their mid to late fifties or older. This includes disabled supporters who also have huge travel issues that able bodied fans don't have to deal with.

What do they all have in common? They want to watch City home and away regardless of where or when it is. The last thing they are doing is offloading their tickets just to gain loyalty points. I'm not one of them any more but as far as I'm concerned they deserve respect not snide insinuations that they are 'points whores'.

Well Said

Most people think it will hurt the away support but it won't it just hurts the loyal fans.

I am mega f**ked off with this and thats me done with aways now, but I can tell you now that Kevin Parker and all his cronies won't have to collect tickets and will continue to get tickets. Certain support clubs will get favourable allocations, you see the same knobs from bredbury week in week out none have points they are about 18 this is how they get tickets at loyal fans expense. I for one wasn't certainly asked for my view if I was I would have given the following idea.

3000 tickets available after corporate only sack supporter clubs off now.

2000 tickets available for anyone over 17,000 points
250 tickets available for 13,000 - 17,000 points
250 tickets available for 10,000 - 13,000 points
250 ticket available for 5,000 - 10,000 points
250 tickets available for 1,000 - 5,000 points.

This way everyone has a chance to get a ticket for game first come first served.

I believe all Blues should have equal access to tickets. That's why I personally favour a ballot system, or any other system that gives an equal chance for tickets to everybody.

I don't agree that somebody that has been lucky enough to have the time and money to do all aways for the last X number of years, is somehow more deserving than somebody that hasn't had that opportunity.
Yeah, great

Ps
I see you were unable to substantiate the slur you made regarding who was loyal and who wasn’t?

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea.

I think it'd be great for one of the City Matters reps to pick this up because it's a lot harder to abuse and make veiled threats to 40,000+ fans rather than a single representative if they decide something that pisses off those who feel they are entitled to go to all aways.

I think when you said 'entitled' you meant 'have earned the right'.

You are on the wind up aren’t you. Reduced allocations at the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal for years, half empty stands at the likes of Wigan and Birmingham, pitiful away support at places like Swansea, Newcastle, Southampton. Less than a 1000 at Villa, 600 at Millwall, the list is endless so let’s not rewrite history

That’s a bit misleading. Our away support started to fall away when prices rocketed circa 2003 and kick off times became massively inconvenient, prior to that selling anything less than the full allocation was quite rare. For the most part, the period we were in Div 1 and Div 2 was defined by consistently taking huge followings all over the country.

Barring the rags and Liverpool you could take any team in the league and find games where they didn’t sell their allocation or take a big following.

I believe all Blues should have equal access to tickets. That's why I personally favour a ballot system, or any other system that gives an equal chance for tickets to everybody.

I don't agree that somebody that has been lucky enough to have the time and money to do all aways for the last X number of years, is somehow more deserving than somebody that hasn't had that opportunity.

I've been very lucky over the years. Lucky enough to spend a large proportion of my disposable income on following City away. Lucky enough to use a large chunk of my holidays from work following City away. Lucky enough to have been at Sunderland and West Brom and Swansea away, midweek in the early rounds of the League cup. One lucky bastard me.

Comrade KnaresboroughBlue, get in touch when we play Liverpool away, I'll send you my ticket. After all why should I have all the luck.

You might also want to check out the definition of the word 'luck', I have a nagging feeling you haven't quite nailed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.