Away tickets

I've been very lucky over the years. Lucky enough to spend a large proportion of my disposable income on following City away. Lucky enough to use a large chunk of my holidays from work following City away. Lucky enough to have been at Sunderland and West Brom and Swansea away, midweek in the early rounds of the League cup. One lucky bastard me.

Comrade KnaresboroughBlue, get in touch when we play Liverpool away, I'll send you my ticket. After all why should I have all the luck.

You might also want to check out the definition of the word 'luck', I have a nagging feeling you haven't quite nailed it.

Lucky enough to be born at a time when you could afford to buy away tickets.

Think they have earned the right.

Wrong (and I know it's superfluous to use that word for any of your posts, but I just wanted to be explicit on this occasion).

Under the old and new systems if you have earned the points, not only might you think you're entitled to go to the game, you actually are entitled to go to the game.

Lucky enough to be born at a time when you could afford to buy away tickets.

I'd rather be 27 than 57 and if I was I'd recognise the debt I owed to the people who carried the club through the dark days, the people who define what our club is, the people who made our fan base unique.

I'd also roll up my sleeves and get cracking paying my dues by going to all the aways I could. I suppose I just have a stronger sense of fair play than you.

Wrong (and I know it's superfluous to use that word for any of your posts, but I just wanted to be explicit on this occasion).

Under the old and new systems if you have earned the points, not only might you think you're entitled to go to the game, you actually are entitled to go to the game.

Without wanting to get into pedantics, I made it clear I was talking about any future away system decided by the fans that might piss off those who 'think they are entitled' or those who 'think they have earned the right'.

But anyway, I don't get why you're being so abusive. You said yourself there was a 'big flaw' (or something along those lines) with the system with regards to the way it treated younger fans which is why you wanted a rolling points system. Or have you changed your mind now?

So obvious that a ballot is incoming soon as the next move.

Clearly this will annoy most. Everyone will be up in arms... then city will say, fine... ballot. That’s fair!

I'd rather be 27 than 57 and if I was I'd recognise the debt I owed to the people who carried the club through the dark days, the people who define what our club is, the people who made our fan base unique.

I'd also roll up my sleeves and get cracking paying my dues by going to all the aways I could. I suppose I just have a stronger sense of fair play than you.

Stronger sense of fair play? You've even admitted under 25s haven't had the same opportunities as you. That's not fairness, that's an attitude of 'fuck everyone else, I'm alright'.

Why are people objecting to these changes? If you are a high points holder who goes to the majority of games home and away (as your points total suggests) then nothing changes for you.

I feel the protests are precisely because this is what a lot of the longstanding high points holders no longer actually do. They simply preserve their previously hard earned points totals by buying tickets they have absolutely zero intention of attending and farm the tickets on. Thus preserving forever their ability to pick and choose the games they want to attend. It had become a closed shop.

Anything that is intended to stop this surely has to be welcomed?

Their are consequences to all actions. Points for away games were the driving force to most fans with 18,000 points or more. That driving force has now been taken away. Difficult timed games, expensive travel and family commitments will be taken into account even more. Lets first see if Norwich away 17:30 KO, costly train fares, no return train, (overnight stay)manages to sell out?

As the old saying goes you always hurt the ones that love you the most, a decision that the club will come to regret, many many games in the last decade have been a hard sell despite the success, the core have always picked up the slack, now the incentive has gone I suspect swathes of empties at the unattractive fixtures, and it will be totally deserved

We could start with Norwich away. Leave Manchester 09:47 last train back 19:35 gets you in Manchester Sunday 03:42. Only £109.00 unless you have a Railcard!

Without wanting to get into pedantics, I made it clear I was talking about any future away system decided by the fans that might piss off those who 'think they are entitled' or those who 'think they have earned the right'.

But anyway, I don't get why you're being so abusive. You said yourself there was a 'big flaw' (or something along those lines) with the system with regards to the way it treated younger fans which is why you wanted a rolling points system. Or have you changed your mind now?

I'm not being abusive, I'm disagreeing with you.

I'm not arguing for myself, as I've stated I'm OK.

I want a rolling system so that offers encouragement to younger fans. That's only fair and I've never wavered from that opinion.

I do not want the club, and people like you, denigrating people who are the heart and soul of this club, by insinuating that we are lucky, or that we haven't earned our place at (or in my place near) the front of the queue.

I don't expect a ticket for Bournemouth away ahead of someone with 25000 points but I do expect a ticket for Anfield ahead of someone with 17000 points (whether they are a member of a supporters club or not).

I love watching City away, it's a labour of love, so I don't expect gratitude or respect from the club or anyone else. Conversely I don't like being taken for granted and I particularly dislike people taking the piss when I haven't done anything wrong other than growing old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.