Away tickets

Stronger sense of fair play? You've even admitted under 25s haven't had the same opportunities as you. That's not fairness, that's an attitude of 'fuck everyone else, I'm alright'

Here's the deal. My lad is 26 on the 1st August. He has 17k points .... the cut off date for 18/25's is the 1st August. If I was to buy a seasoncard for my 23 year old daughter we would have a better sniff at away tickets than either my lad or I do now. I'm 52 ... I get you puppies want us forcing out. But on what planet is there any fairness in my daughter (who has perhaps just about managed double figure games) having priority over my son with 17k points? You all talk ageism but it's the 18/25's who will disadvantage the 25/45's who never had a fucking chance.
I'm fucking alright Jack knows no age boundaries

Stronger sense of fair play? You've even admitted under 25s haven't had the same opportunities as you. That's not fairness, that's an attitude of 'fuck everyone else, I'm alright'.

I've never wavered from my opinion that we should have a rolling system to give younger fans a fighting chance. I've been consistent on that point for a long time.

I've also made it perfectly clear that I'm alright. I'm arguing, objectively, that screwing your core support is wrong. Apart from anything else this will be a PR disaster for City.

Lucky enough to be born at a time when you could afford to buy away tickets.

Nothing to do with luck, 99% of fans did not bother maximizing their points when it was easy to do so, these new young fans would not be up to it 99% of the time but all want high demand tickets without ever going to one away game.

99% of fans support the changes as they want high demand aways without attending aways, yet ayone over 40 gets abuse for being loyal.

Why would it lead to more touting than exists now?

I actually think it would lead to less. If season ticket holders get the rare chance to go to a fairly high-priority away game, I doubt they'd be selling it on anymore than someone who's been 8 or 9 out of the last 10 seasons.

As everyone applies in a ballot, and agencies like spike on here already advertising to give 20% extra for ballot winners. Most ballot winners gave to buy or lose priority then sell on.

Nothing to do with luck, 99% of fans did not bother maximizing their points when it was easy to do so, these new young fans would not be up to it 99% of the time but all want high demand tickets without ever going to one away game.

99% of fans support the changes as they want high demand aways without attending aways, yet ayone over 40 gets abuse for being loyal.

Isn't even over 40's ... it hits anyone a day or more over 25. Those are the poor fuckers who have played the game and tried to play catch up. Now the club, with City matters, have said their 18-25 years were meaningless. They tried to catch up but now have their place cemented for all time whilst the next generation get a free leg up from the club.
A rag friend of mine (I know) said to be careful what you wish for when we became successful. He meant supporters getting screwed ... he was absolutely spot on.

Isn't even over 40's ... it hits anyone a day or more over 25. Those are the poor fuckers who have played the game and tried to play catch up. Now the club, with City matters, have said their 18-25 years were meaningless. They tried to catch up but now have their place cemented for all time whilst the next generation get a free leg up from the club.
A rag friend of mine (I know) said to be careful what you wish for when we became successful. He meant supporters getting screwed ... he was absolutely spot on.

I agree plenty of 26+ on medium points being disfranchised, but the club want this as an excuse to scrap points. Khaldoon mentioned nothing about this, but should be held accountable still.

I'm not being abusive, I'm disagreeing with you.

I'm not arguing for myself, as I've stated I'm OK.

I want a rolling system so that offers encouragement to younger fans. That's only fair and I've never wavered from that opinion.

I do not want the club, and people like you, denigrating people who are the heart and soul of this club, by insinuating that we are lucky, or that we haven't earned our place at (or in my place near) the front of the queue.

I don't expect a ticket for Bournemouth away ahead of someone with 25000 points but I do expect a ticket for Anfield ahead of someone with 17000 points (whether they are a member of a supporters club or not).

I love watching City away, it's a labour of love, so I don't expect gratitude or respect from the club or anyone else. Conversely I don't like being taken for granted and I particularly dislike people taking the piss when I haven't done anything wrong other than growing old.

You've been a little abusive at times, especially when talking about Prestwich Blue. And the abuse from people like you was the main reason he left. I think it's unnecessary, especially when you agree that the current system has flaws for younger fans.

Anyway, as for denigrating the 20,000+ pointers, I haven't once done that. The fact is, they are lucky to have been old enough to buy away tickets and get a headstart at the time the loyalty points system was introduced. That is luck, you don't control when you're born. Nevertheless, they are still very loyal, massive City fans, and are a credit to the club which is why the ballot system I prefer would still give the biggest priority to those with the most loyalty points.

That said, the 1500 20,000+ pointers aren't the only City fans, and they're not the only people who are the heart and soul of the club.

We have 40,000 season ticket holders, many of them who were also there in the dark days when we were getting 28,000 at Maine Road but have fallen behind because they've not been to as many away games as others (the 10,000 pointers). I don't think they should have anywhere near the same chance as getting a ticket to the big games as the 20,000 pointers but I don't think they should be permanently excluded from ever getting one. But whether you agree with that or not, the people who have absolutely not had the same opportunity as the two above groups are the u25s, the kids being born now, and the kids being born in the future. They should have the chance to do what many of us have had the chance to do yet the current system will never allow it. That's why I think there needs to be changes and that's why I think minor changes like this should be welcomed and don't deserve a fraction of the reaction they're getting from some.

I agree plenty of 26+ on medium points being disfranchised, but the club want this as an excuse to scrap points. Khaldoon mentioned nothing about this, but should be held accountable still.

Someone mentioned earlier that we need representation like the Dippers do with SOS. We rightly slag them off for much of what they do but there is not a chance on earth that 6 or 7 supporters clubs reps would be allowed to shaft a majority of their support as we seem to let happen at City.

I don't know the answer but allowing this to happen cannot be it.

If we allow another 5% to be taken from the only legitimate part of the system whose to say where the other 55% will end up?

It's easy to look the other way when it doesn't impact on you … we only start getting angry when it impacts on us directly. Perhaps all of those (including those yet to be affected) need to make a stand because eventually it's coming your way. Plenty of us thought we were comfy 3 or 4 years ago … not so many now.

Someone mentioned earlier that we need representation like the Dippers do with SOS. We rightly slag them off for much of what they do but there is not a chance on earth that 6 or 7 supporters clubs reps would be allowed to shaft a majority of their support as we seem to let happen at City.

I don't know the answer but allowing this to happen cannot be it.

If we allow another 5% to be taken from the only legitimate part of the system whose to say where the other 55% will end up?

It's easy to look the other way when it doesn't impact on you … we only start getting angry when it impacts on us directly. Perhaps all of those (including those yet to be affected) need to make a stand because eventually it's coming your way. Plenty of us thought we were comfy 3 or 4 years ago … not so many now.

i had mentioned the inevitable several times on here going back 11 years on posts that exist now, but very few cared.

Agree a stand is needed to embarrass the club not to lose its most loyal fans.

That said, the 1500 20,000+ pointers aren't the only City fans, and they're not the only people who are the heart and soul of the club

You are quite right they are not. But what of the group who are impacted the most by this change? The 26 - 40 year olds who have played the game and tried to play catch up. Their efforts are now rendered meaningless in one foul swoop. An 18/25 year old seasoncard holder starting at 190 points now has priority over a 26 year old with 17k points!!! Is that in any way a fair system? Is it fuck.

If we were to offer 18/25's priority I'd have liked to see a minimum points threshold for that group that suggested they hadn't just jumped on the bandwagon. Supporting your football club isn't an 18 year old choice really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.