Away tickets

I've been very lucky over the years. Lucky enough to spend a large proportion of my disposable income on following City away. Lucky enough to use a large chunk of my holidays from work following City away. Lucky enough to have been at Sunderland and West Brom and Swansea away, midweek in the early rounds of the League cup. One lucky bastard me.

Comrade KnaresboroughBlue, get in touch when we play Liverpool away, I'll send you my ticket. After all why should I have all the luck.

You might also want to check out the definition of the word 'luck', I have a nagging feeling you haven't quite nailed it.

Thanks for the offer but I personally have no interest in going to Liverpool.

You chose to do all of that (as did I many years ago), presumably because you enjoy it and can afford the time and money to do so. Not everybody is fortunate enough to be able to make those choices. Should those people never have the option of being able to attend a big away game because they can never build up the points?

You've been a little abusive at times, especially when talking about Prestwich Blue. And the abuse from people like you was the main reason he left. I think it's unnecessary, especially when you agree that the current system has flaws for younger fans.

Anyway, as for denigrating the 20,000+ pointers, I haven't once done that. The fact is, they are lucky to have been old enough to buy away tickets and get a headstart at the time the loyalty points system was introduced. That is luck, you don't control when you're born. Nevertheless, they are still very loyal, massive City fans, and are a credit to the club which is why the ballot system I prefer would still give the biggest priority to those with the most loyalty points.

That said, the 1500 20,000+ pointers aren't the only City fans, and they're not the only people who are the heart and soul of the club.

We have 40,000 season ticket holders, many of them who were also there in the dark days when we were getting 28,000 at Maine Road but have fallen behind because they've not been to as many away games as others (the 10,000 pointers). I don't think they should have anywhere near the same chance as getting a ticket to the big games as the 20,000 pointers but I don't think they should be permanently excluded from ever getting one. But whether you agree with that or not, the people who have absolutely not had the same opportunity as the two above groups are the u25s, the kids being born now, and the kids being born in the future. They should have the chance to do what many of us have had the chance to do yet the current system will never allow it. That's why I think there needs to be changes and that's why I think minor changes like this should be welcomed and don't deserve a fraction of the reaction they're getting from some.

I stand by my criticism of Prestwich Blue. No point revisiting that.

The 10000 pointers are not permanently excluded from most away games. Many away games went to low points last year. They don't deserve to be at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Pretty sure that nearly all the high pointers had season tickets at Maine Road. I myself was in crowds of 4029 (Leeds 1985 Full Members Cup) and 3007 (Mansfield 1998 Auto Wind Shield Trophy).

What needs to happen now is that we need to make the club aware of the strength of feeling on this issue and if necessary embarrass the powers that be.

So feel free to have the last word. I'm not engaging with you any more.

Thanks for the offer but I personally have no interest in going to Liverpool.

You chose to do all of that (as did I many years ago), presumably because you enjoy it and can afford the time and money to do so. Not everybody is fortunate enough to be able to make those choices. Should those people never have the option of being able to attend a big away game because they can never build up the points?

You've added nothing to the debate; 'fortunate' and 'lucky' are synonyms.

We all know em mate.

I've got family members who go all round England and Europe now watching City now despite rarely going to a game before the Aguerroooo goal.
Exactly pal...nowt I can do about it other than pay my season ticket like I've done since 91....and be in the cup schemes to get to see us lift every piece of silverware we've lifted since the Gillingham final....and the Thomas cook trophies although they were glass weren't they or perspect....obviously!

I hope no Blues are taken in by people who might discourage them from Supporting City.

I recall a few years ago when a few Blues on here were convinced to cancel their season guards on the pretence that one “super fan” was jacking in his season card.

You've added nothing to the debate; 'fortunate' and 'lucky' are synonyms.
So say your circumstances changed....say you had to work Saturdays or midweek and could no longer attend those games yet had been to every game for the last 20yrs+....yet for all that loyalty throughout those years of a lot of thin.....you could no longer get a ticket. Do you think you should maybe have at least a glimmer of an away ticket in the future?....imagine when you had your first season ticket as a young kid you had no hope of ever following city away from home ever. Surely younger blues deserve a chance of a ticket do they not?

I stand by my criticism of Prestwich Blue. No point revisiting that.

The 10000 pointers are not permanently excluded from most away games. Many away games went to low points last year. They don't deserve to be at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Pretty sure that nearly all the high pointers had season tickets at Maine Road. I myself was in crowds of 4029 (Leeds 1985 Full Members Cup) and 3007 (Mansfield 1998 Auto Wind Shield Trophy).

What needs to happen now is that we need to make the club aware of the strength of feeling on this issue and if necessary embarrass the powers that be.

So feel free to have the last word. I'm not engaging with you any more.

Well done for being there but plenty more than the 20,000+ pointers stood by City through the dark times otherwise we wouldn't have been getting 28,000 in the third division.

Put it to the club by all means but they'll be aware that 1894 put out a poll which 3000 city fans took part in and the largest number supported the changes. Not definitive but indicative, and if the club want to put it to season ticket holders, I'd be in support of that too. We'll see where it goes.

I see both sides and empathise with both the stalwarts who’ve put the hard yards in but also the youngsters who so badly want to be there (moreso than the old timers maybe) but can’t get a ticket.
Put em on open sale at the ground. First come first served to any season ticket holder.

But most of all FUCK THE CORPORATES OFF

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.