Away tickets

I must be mixing 2 games up then. I didn't use to work weekends and for the game I'm thinking of, I remember having to take the day off work and drive down, so it must have been mid-week.
The midweek game at Plymouth was the following season in the League Cup, we won 6-3 three days before playing them away in the League.

They will when they purchase 3,000 from Chelsea and only sell around 2,000.That happened a few seasons back. Following season they ordered only 1,500. I'm sure under this new system it will happen again!

Does that rule still apply though? Clubs would have to pay us all the time in that case. Seems a bit unfair that Fulham for example have to pay for unsold seats at virtually every game they play

I think we played Plymouth a whole bunch of times in that period because we played them in the Full Members Cup and the FA Cup in 1987/88 ontop of twice in the League Cup 1988/89 and four times in the league in those two seasons.

Does that rule still apply though? Clubs would have to pay us all the time in that case. Seems a bit unfair that Fulham for example have to pay for unsold seats at virtually every game they play
I think the rule is that around half the allocation can be taken on sale or return basis but if you take the full amount you have to pay for the rest whether sold or not.

I stand by my criticism of Prestwich Blue. No point revisiting that.

The 10000 pointers are not permanently excluded from most away games. Many away games went to low points last year. They don't deserve to be at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Pretty sure that nearly all the high pointers had season tickets at Maine Road. I myself was in crowds of 4029 (Leeds 1985 Full Members Cup) and 3007 (Mansfield 1998 Auto Wind Shield Trophy).

What needs to happen now is that we need to make the club aware of the strength of feeling on this issue and if necessary embarrass the powers that be.

So feel free to have the last word. I'm not engaging with you any more.
I got chucked out of that Leeds game for suggesting that the few Leeds fans that were there should go forth and multiply as well as suggesting they were born out of wedlock.

By lots of games have become a closed shop do you mean the ones you fancy going to that don't put you out to much and are popular with most fans,or is it because the lads and ladies who've put the effort in to do the shitty ones happen to have got them first.

Of course people want to go to the big away games... how is it fair though that thousands of loyal city fans will never be able to go to say united or Liverpool away literally because they were born later

Plenty of die hard blues can’t go to the shitty games on a wedneday night for all sorts of reasons - kids, money, work. It doesn’t make you less of a fan.

Even if you did start going to the unfashionable away games as you say it would take years to even get close. And you’d have to hope fans on 20,000 points stopped going or selling their tickets on

Ian cheesmans videos are a perfect example of that - it’s the same people for all the big games

Well done for being there but plenty more than the 20,000+ pointers stood by City through the dark times otherwise we wouldn't have been getting 28,000 in the third division.

Put it to the club by all means but they'll be aware that 1894 put out a poll which 3000 city fans took part in and the largest number supported the changes. Not definitive but indicative, and if the club want to put it to season ticket holders, I'd be in support of that too. We'll see where it goes.
Hardly a proper indication. Who were these 3,000 people that voted? Were they all card holders and regular match goers, I suspect not.

Not complaining. Just noticeable.

I can never workout how kids with their parent/s manage to get away ticket’s.

Can you bequeath your away points to your Grand Children when you pass away?
If the adult qualifies then you can pull through a junior ticket regardless of how many points the junior has. What you need to ask is how so many younger kids 16 - 20 manage to get hold of tickets on a regular basis and seemingly altogether in the same row without and adult in site. The answer is abuse of the system

the 3-2 we lost at Home Park after being 2-0 up was a Saturday game(the one Paul Stewart played in). However, I remember it clearly because the supporters club coach kept stopping at each service station to see if the game had been called off, most people thought there was no chance the game would be played there was so much flooding down there, don't think I have ever seen a pitch with so much sand on it
Think you have muddled up the years. The 1988/89 season we beat them 6-3 midweek away from home in the cup and then on the Saturday in the league 1-0. The midweek game was called off late a Tuesday afternoon and played on the Wednesday. Coaches got down as far as Somerset I think before being turned around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.