Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjamin Mendy has announced he is set to miss the first month of the season. The full-back will not return to training in Manchester until next month, meaning the best case scenario is that he will return for the trip to Norwich on September 14. [@MullockSMirror]

I must say I’m surprised. I saw the videos of him working hard, thought he would be ready soon but now he’s out another two months.

Let’s hope he can start some matches so he can gain some value on the market, I don’t know if any club would even loan him right now.

Not good news obviously but should he recover and contribute while still getting sidelined this season for any stretch of time then it would be safe to assume that Pep will deem him surplus. No judgements but it would be the right approach IMHO, irrespective of how hard he works, how nice a guy etc - footballers have to play and as I have mentioned before he is at the last chance saloon, similar to Dembele. Doesn't happen this season then it's time for a change for all parties

Mendy will be fine.

People are talking about this as if -

1) It's news that he'd had surgery. It's not, we found out in April.

2) It's a new injury, it's not, From what we've heard, it was a surgery to get rid of an issue (swelling after games caused by scar tissue from an old surgery) which he could have played through, but they wanted to fix his knee permanently instead of him.

He's had as many knee injuries as KDB - No one is writing him off as a cripple.

He'll probably never be a 55 full games a year player like Walker, but he'll get back just fine and be the best LB in the league by May.

Focused on regaining his fitness, Mendy has not travelled to China for the Premier League Asia Trophy but Guardiola hopes the left-back will be ready to resume training when the team arrive back in Manchester.

Asked how the defender’s recovery is progressing, Guardiola replied: “He is getting better.

“Hopefully, when we get back from the tour, he will join us.”

Focused on regaining his fitness, Mendy has not travelled to China for the Premier League Asia Trophy but Guardiola hopes the left-back will be ready to resume training when the team arrive back in Manchester.

Asked how the defender’s recovery is progressing, Guardiola replied: “He is getting better.

“Hopefully, when we get back from the tour, he will join us.”

It's good to hear some positive news on Mendy for a change....will be great if he can stay fit this season. We might finally get to see just how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.