Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Looking to future development, the hotel is the most significant to me. 200 rooms is a sweet spot and 3* is what sells for events with a premium for being on-site. I would expect a 24 hour coffee shop and large restaurant and bar as well as conference facilities that can be integrated with the Etihad Stadium. A bonus is parking and proximity to Piccadilly station..

It is not uncommon to combine 3* hotels with 4* or grand or tower or separate superior or luxury branded wing marketed rooms say with fine or private dining, separate breakfast and say rooftop bar with separate security.

I can see a 150-250 room 3* hotel with a 4* plus or luxury addition of 50-150 rooms and lots of facilities. This is the start. Demand will grow for accomodation, shops, restaurants, infrastructure including 2* accommodation and finally development into a new sufficient, defined area.

All will add to MCFC revenue and will develop the surrounding area even more.
24 hour coffee shop ffs, I want a 24 hour bar
Looking to future development, the hotel is the most significant to me. 200 rooms is a sweet spot and 3* is what sells for events with a premium for being on-site. I would expect a 24 hour coffee shop and large restaurant and bar as well as conference facilities that can be integrated with the Etihad Stadium. A bonus is parking and proximity to Piccadilly station..

It is not uncommon to combine 3* hotels with 4* or grand or tower or separate superior or luxury branded wing marketed rooms say with fine or private dining, separate breakfast and say rooftop bar with separate security.

I can see a 150-250 room 3* hotel with a 4* plus or luxury addition of 50-150 rooms and lots of facilities. This is the start. Demand will grow for accomodation, shops, restaurants, infrastructure including 2* accommodation and finally development into a new sufficient, defined area.

Got a bit more today. Hotel will be in the same phase as the arena. Idea is to make the area more of a destination. The arena wlll be used 100 plus days a year. They want to get to a situation where people are coming and using the hotel, going to a game and a concert all in the same location with more bars and restaurants also on site. Principally the aim is that the campus will essentially be part of the city centre eventually. The stadium expansion will happen but not until phase 1 done.

The arena will be in a completely different league acoustically to the current arena.

The Framework for the area will get nodded through and then the winging from the other arena wont really matter.
Has someone come forward to operate this arena?

The problem with the Manchester Arena is it's location, it would never have been built if it hadn't been part of 2 Olympic bids. Every time a new event is on there is only room for 2 Articulated lorries to access the site 2 to unload equipment. Compared to G-Mex (Manchester Central) it can have 14 vehicles access the site making the turn round between events much quicker. If you add in better acoustics it's a no brainer

Can’t imagine the arena will be finished until around 3 years from now. Add on about 18 months for the new stand to be built and we’ll be near the mid 2020’s before we see a completed North Stand development.

Still think there might be more to this though and that the stand might have been delayed due to a change in design to match what Spurs have built. It also gives them more time to evolve the Family Stand.

With the delay in place they might as well press forward with other plans which just pushes the expansion back even further.

Last edited:
Needs to be really. The MEN is very poor acoustically. It’s a basketball/ice hockey arena that charged the Giants and Storm so much for rent they both went bust, that now hosts concerts.

It’s also ugly as fuck!

They need to up their game and move with the times.

Spot on, it's shite as is that new roof on Victoria.

Got a bit more today. Hotel will be in the same phase as the arena. Idea is to make the area more of a destination. The arena wlll be used 100 plus days a year. They want to get to a situation where people are coming and using the hotel, going to a game and a concert all in the same location with more bars and restaurants also on site. Principally the aim is that the campus will essentially be part of the city centre eventually. The stadium expansion will happen but not until phase 1 done.

The arena will be in a completely different league acoustically to the current arena.

The Framework for the area will get nodded through and then the winging from the other arena wont really matter.

Great to hear the arena and hotel are a done deal, with a set timescale and everything. Do we know who the builders and operators are. I would imagine an announcement soon if the details are common knowledge. Exciting news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.