Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Indeed...this story stinks to high heaven.
Just hoping it's all signed off and soon ready to break ground....sod more investment in Manchester we want our neglected golden egg to remain without competition.

F***ing MUEN at it again.

I can’t express how much I loath it.

It’s nothing but a Rag, filled with murder stories, negative stories, pops up adds, and United stories.

I’m so glad City f***ed it off years ago.

It won’t happen sadly, but I’d love it to go bust.

Don’t worry you’ll get your wish. They can’t give the shit Rag away so no way can they be making other than a whopping loss.

Amazing how many devout capitalists object to competition. They should be all for it.

That cockney wanker who owns the MEN sounds like a right prick. The fact is he’s got a shit product because he’s not invested in it - he’s presently making a profit from a captive market and he knows a new arena with a better product than his will seriously challenge his limited business model. Of course as a good capitalist he could step up to the challenge and invest and improve or he can cry like a baby ‘it’s not fair’. I think we know what he’ll do.

Who actually owns the Arena?......was some dodgy deal done to sell it like The Millennium Dome?...... the only decent sounding gigs I have been to there were Billy Joel and Stevie Wonder, and that was because I was 2nd and 3rd rows directly next to speakers mounted on the stage. People go on about the Manchester Arena having a 20,000 capacity, for what events?.....maybe only Boxing? unless the seats are used behind the stage, think the capacity is 16k to 17k......for the majority the Arena has shite acoustics, so why not build a new and better Arena that Manchester can be proud of and say is a World Class venue.

Another example of a newspaper being used as a PR tool. He might have paid for the article to appear for all we know. The issue was personalized. Two pen portraits of imagined adversaries were presented. There was a complete absence of real analysis. You just know that this guy would squeal about the necessity of competition if roles were reversed and the MCC did what he says they should do now. Public being short-changed etc... but the newspaper couldn't care less what happens either way.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.