Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

The independent finally got around to correcting Delaney's 'i hate city' article on the treble to correctly differentiate Etihad and Emirates. Of course the footnote is still wrong, as they have both claimed we're sponsored by Emirates, and then claimed that Etihad sponsored the FA Cup.

What's notable, however, is that at no point did Delaney admit to his lying, actually insisting he'd never claimed it.

Also, I do have to wonder what the effect of private eye contacting them about the article had, as that's what happened per the PE journalist i'd been speaking to and suddenly the article was corrected. Obviously a complete coincidence.

Private Eye mocked it, did they? Good stuff.
What's the 'claim' Delaney didn't make?

Anyone who wants to boycott City because of the UAE's involvement in Yemen should also be boycotting anything with links to Saudi Arabia (the major coalition partner) or the United Kingdom or the United States (principal suppliers of deadly weapons including bombs that kill little, innocent children). So that's all of us boycotted, basically.

The hypocrisy stinks all the way to heaven. In any other context, if you protest against the violence of states towards civilians, they call you a Commie, or something equally derogatory. Say it in an anti-City context, and it's fine. Hypocritical ****s - they are like vegans who eat meat 6 a days week.

Why pick on vegans? By the very definition they don't eat meat any days of the week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.