It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Had another operation on his knee be back around September.

Not heard about any operation but he is still doing rehab in Barcelona. I think he will always be a fitness concern now and it is unlikely he would ever feature on an asian tour. His knee is just not strong enough to be worth any risk.

"Well, there's a chance [of buying another defender], but I do not know if it will be possible to have three incredible central defenders and Fernandinho can play in that position."

Basically translates as "We are done".

"Well, there's a chance [of buying another defender], but I do not know if it will be possible to have three incredible central defenders and Fernandinho can play in that position."

Basically translates as "We are done".
Not sure that quote is 100% accurate. The one below is straight from the mail reporter who was at the press conference and makes more sense.

| Pep Guardiola responding to whether Vincent Kompany will have a replacement in this transfer window:

"There is a chance but I don't know if it is possible. If not we have three incredible centre-backs."

Not sure that quote is 100% accurate. The one below is straight from the mail reporter who was at the press conference and makes more sense.

| Pep Guardiola responding to whether Vincent Kompany will have a replacement in this transfer window:

"There is a chance but I don't know if it is possible. If not we have three incredible centre-backs."

City website....

"We are so happy with the squad we have," "I don't know if the players here will stay or new players will come but every time since I came here, I have been delighted with the players I have. Maybe we replace Vincent but we have 3 incredible Central defenders and Fernandinho can also play that position we will see"

"When we go back to Manchester, we will see what we have and we will decide. Now is not the time for big decisions about who will be with us."

City website....

"We are so happy with the squad we have," "I don't know if the players here will stay or new players will come but every time since I came here, I have been delighted with the players I have. Maybe we replace Vincent but we have 3 incredible Central defenders and Fernandinho can also play that position we will see"

"When we go back to Manchester, we will see what we have and we will decide. Now is not the time for big decisions about who will be with us."
Makes sense. Wouldn’t be surprised if sane left we moved for bonucci and go with what we have up top. Would personally rather we keep sane and add maguire. Time will tell not long now,

Makes sense. Wouldn’t be surprised if sane left we moved for bonucci and go with what we have up top. Would personally rather we keep sane and add maguire. Time will tell not long now,

Wasn't Bonucci a disaster when he went to Milan, and been poor since his return ? Doesn't sound like a promising option .

And has never played in PL.

Sane not going this summer.

Maguire incredibly unlikely - rags have offered more than we will and still it isn't done.

No one in for Danilo as it is and therefore no free space - lots of options / targets if he goes though. One issue is we need a space before we can make a move but the PL deadline is early August - All other top Euro sides have until Sept. We have to make moves in the next couple of weeks. With nothing happening on the Danilo front there is no way we buy a player and sit and hope someone comes in for him risking having to sit another foreign player outside the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.