Armed police

Whataboutism. Bravo!

Does one thing excuse the other? Does it even matter what it is like anywhere else in the world? I’m talking about what it is like in the UK and, because I live in the USA, I have to “give my head a wobble?”

And, you must be a seriously old fuck if I’m your “son.” Patronize much?!

Here you go...

Latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show that in the year to March 2019, knife crime was at its highest since comparable records began in 2011, and up eight per cent on the previous year.

The true scale of the problem is likely to be even higher as the figures published today (July 18) do not include Greater Manchester Police, one of the UK’s biggest force areas, due to differences in the way it records data.

Robbery offences were up by 11 per cent to 85,736, while the number of homicides in 2018/19 increased slightly to 701 from 693 in the previous 12 months, excluding terrorist attacks.

The total number of violence against the person offences rose by 20 per cent year-on-year to 1.67 million.

So, if more and more people are using deadly weapons, and violent crime is increasing at a rate of 20% per annum, policemen should absolutely be able to carry a deadly weapon to defend themselves, when needed.

No policeman should have to endure getting beaten up to avoid a criminal getting shot! No policemen. If you want to attack a police officer, then he should have the ability to defend himself, upto and including the use of deadly force.

I'll give you the whataboutism - it was probably unnecessary, although since you have already replied to this post, your delayed reaction to it was quite amusing.

I will acknowledge that knife crime is up since 2011, but as per my previous response, violent and sexual crimes as a whole (which one assumes includes knife crime) are down significantly since their peaks in the 90's. So whilst violent crime is rising at 20% per annum, it is from a historically low base and the actual numbers remain relatively low. That is not to say that it doesn't need to be addressed, just that it needs to be looked at in proper context.

As for your frankly moronic desire to put more guns on the streets of the UK, you moved to a gun toting paradise, please stay there. I hear virtually zero demand from people who live in the UK to arm regular police officers - your uninformed thoughts on the matter are neither needed nor welcome.

I would take all of the money that you want to spend arming our police officers and pour it into youth resources and community policing, two areas that have been massively cut in terms of funding under austerity and two areas which would actually positively impact the number of crimes and criminals on our streets.

But he wasn't the guy was he...... completely innocent. But we suspected he might kill a few people so we put put 11 bullets in his head..... now i agree, the officer might have been under the impression this guy was an imminent threat, so I'm not going to question how many times he was shot(but it does feel wrong), I wouldn't want to be in that position. But one or more people did something wrong in the chain of events that led to this man being killed, and his family have certainly not had justice.
You are not the only one who feels this way...

i think police with guns would be a good deterrent in England. Thats why figures are going up recently, the scrotes dont fear the punishemnts anymore. However, i think we are too densely populated and heavily built up for it to work. Any missed shot has a lot more chance of hitting some innocent bystander over here. Especially as all the call for the armed police would be in major cities

i think police with guns would be a good deterrent in England. Thats why figures are going up recently, the scrotes dont fear the punishemnts anymore. However, i think we are too densely populated and heavily built up for it to work. Any missed shot has a lot more chance of hitting some innocent bystander over here. Especially as all the call for the armed police would be in major cities

Can you explain how police with guns would be a deterrent using evidence from countries where police are routinely armed?

The simple fact is, that when people make a choice to commit a criminal act, they are not planning to get caught and therefore the deterrent of any punishment is minimised in their decision making process.

It was the intel that was wrong not the actual fire arms officer, imagine trying to incapacitate a man you believe is a suicide bomber no one is taking the chance of shooting him in both shoulders it ain't Max Payne.
Suppose De Menezes had been holding a trigger down, which when released, detonated the 'bomb'?
Putting several bullets in his head wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome then I feel.
De Menezes may have been lawfully killed, but his family haven't had justice.

All 9 of them covering the City centre on a Saturday night? There's fuck all about so god knows who you've been observing. I remember at Maine Road you couldn't move for coppers being everywhere, at the Etihad you're lucky if you see ten on a match day. You're right though, it's nothing to do with them being understaffed, every single one of them is a wanker who wants to be on the tv.

What do you do for a living pal? If every other week you got a day off cancelled and most working days were extended by an extra couple of hours, do you think you'd perform at your best?
So routinely arming overworked and stressed (and probably frustrated) police officers is a good idea then.....?

Can you explain how police with guns would be a deterrent using evidence from countries where police are routinely armed?

The simple fact is, that when people make a choice to commit a criminal act, they are not planning to get caught and therefore the deterrent of any punishment is minimised in their decision making process.
How many countries Don't have armed police?
If the copper near parliament who was knifed to death had been armed, he would be alive, as he would have shot the bastard coming at him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.